Feeder Driver Position

armyguy626

Just looking for some input for a feeder position in Western NY. Job description states "full time," and not "temporary or seasonal" that some of the other feeder driver postings state. So I am wondering if this is for real, or just to get you on the door. I hear stories of people getting hired on for the holidays and then booted afterwards. I don't want to give up a good gig unless I know for sure what I am getting into.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

armyguy626

I'm going in today for the interview and I plan on asking of course, but I want to see what the brown community thinks of it. I've heard stories of UPS not being straight forward with new hires.

Johney

Just looking for some input for a feeder position in Western NY. Job description states "full time," and not "temporary or seasonal" that some of the other feeder driver postings state. So I am wondering if this is for real, or just to get you on the door. I hear stories of people getting hired on for the holidays and then booted afterwards. I don't want to give up a good gig unless I know for sure what I am getting into.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
They will tell you what you want to hear and promise you the moon, then throw you out like the trash when their finished. Just remember that when they have you sign that "Seasonal Employee" form and tell you not to worry about that it's just policy that you sign it. Really don't worry we're keeping you after peak. Don't believe it? Betcha they told the other 5 guys they interview the exact same thing.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Normally I would say any time spent being a feeder driver with this outfit is a good thing, and gets your foot in the door. But this time of year, and if you're giving up a good gig to do it, well, it's kind of iffy. Ask those hard questions at the interview.