Driver not getting overtime he wants

JL 0513

Slowest peak I've ever seen. Barely getting 40 M-Friday all peak. A date like today would historically be slammed and a 3rd of the drivers in my building were out before 7 hours.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Slowest peak I've ever seen. Barely getting 40 M-Friday all peak. A date like today would historically be slammed and a 3rd of the drivers in my building were out before 7 hours.
Does that tell us that the volume is just that light and driving this trend....

....or that the Company believes it is cheaper to operate with SSD's (formally known as PVD's) and only has the ability to use them during the Peak season?

JL 0513

Does that tell us that the volume is just that light and driving this trend....

....or that the Company believes it is cheaper to operate with SSD's (formally known as PVD's) and only has the ability to use them during the Peak season?
SSD usuge is way down this year. Company determined it's the most expensive help (they aren't efficient). Less helpers than the past too. So I was surprised when the work load still decreased significantly. Biggest shift is Amazon delivering such a significant slice of all Christmas gifts in the country.

anonymous23456

The Covid release money is already gone. Not much buying of stuff this year. Everyone already has cellphone, tv, computer, gaming system and so on.

Up In Smoke

The Covid release money is already gone. Not much buying of stuff this year. Everyone already has cellphone, tv, computer, gaming system and so on.
Volumes are different everywhere. Our building is down 9 RPCDs (161 from 170) from last peak, but delivery stops have remained strong so far this year. We are bring stops back every Saturday and Monday as volume is rolled forward and trucks are overwhelmed on those days. Yesterday was the 4th straight Monday that I haven't finished. We have had the 60hr restriction removed since Thanksgiving and 20+ drivers are receiving double time weekly. Supervisor and Air Driver working grievances has deterred the company from utilizing those employees from day one. Gift card and prize giveaways for 6th punches every Saturday and Monday.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Volumes are different everywhere. Our building is down 9 RPCDs (161 from 170) from last peak, but delivery stops have remained strong so far this year. We are bring stops back every Saturday and Monday as volume is rolled forward and trucks are overwhelmed on those days. Yesterday was the 4th straight Monday that I haven't finished. We have had the 60hr restriction removed since Thanksgiving and 20+ drivers are receiving double time weekly. Supervisor and Air Driver working grievances has deterred the company from utilizing those employees from day one. Gift card and prize giveaways for 6th punches every Saturday and Monday.
Historic contract. Lol.

542thruNthru

you can ask for OT. If they say no then you can ask if anybody with less senority than you is working more hours. Yes OT not guaranteed. But everything goes by senority
2Ch.gif

Whereistheunion

How to file on getting more time? Driver is not on the 9.5 list ever, Never turns down extra work, Getting 8-9 hours but wants more time- center using seasonal drivers who are out later etc. Can I get some input so I can pass this along. Central region Michigan rider
This driver is part of the bottom 4% whom still has interest in alot of overtime. The other 96% of us just wanna go home. He or she is rarity. Whish he or she was in my loop they would get the overtime they seek. Lol

Thebrownblob

This driver is part of the bottom 4% whom still has interest in alot of overtime. The other 96% of us just wanna go home. He or she is rarity. Whish he or she was in my loop they would get the overtime they seek. Lol
I don’t know that I would say it’s 4% probably closer to 20% at least where I am but, you’re right they are definitely the minority.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don’t believe I would say people wanting more hours is necessarily a work ethic issue. some of the guys who want the hours are definitely clock milkers.
All you have to do is follow the methods and live with the label "clock milker" an you'll get all the hours that you want.