Femto Photographic Technology

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Dec 26, 2015.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

If you are into science, the study and nature of light and/or photography, this may fascinate you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

I did find that interesting!
  4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

So are we close to point when computations are in fact faster thanot the speed of light?
  5. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

excellent post WK.... and you don't have to be a science nut to be in awe of this
  6. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

The image is not created immediately.
  7. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

This is from 5 years ago which suggests the answer to your question might be yes.

There is also on going research into the field of Quantum theory on which the sci-fi Star Trek based the transporter beam on. Some of this research is also suggesting faster than speed of light movement. In the 1990's, NASA along with MIT studied this idea as it relates to communication and were able to move a particle from one point to another instantly, or put another way, at faster than the speed of light. Even now research still continues by others. This research is by no means settled at this point as a lot of ideas in Quantum theory is hotly and intensely debated.
  8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I'll bet someone that intelligent thinks global warming is a farce. Raskar is one smart SOB.
  9. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

FedEx, take that $chitt somewhere else!
  10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I couldn't help myself. Usually, they want nothing to do with science.
  11. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

I wonder how much Coke paid to get their bottle in the video.