Fidel Castro has finally died

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not at all, I guess its like traveling to any other country, you can haul out so much. I'm surprised that he didn't get in trouble with the camera he took in, he shot a lot of video to use in a documentary. It was a very expensive 35MM that shots video in low light situations. He will write the trip off as a business cost on taxes.

No cigars either, he thought about getting some. It was a cheap vacation.They don't have direct flights from the US into Havana until next week. They had to pay about $100 to take a 1950's vintage taxi cab halfway across the island. Taxi rides in "HaBana" are about $10. The stayed in a palatial bed and breakfast for $45 a night, an enormous breakfast of fresh fruit, juice, eggs, ham, and coffee was included that would last all day. They had to convert currencies, there is actually two different types of money used. Tourists have to use a certain kind. You could use state-run internet and phone service, so we didn't hear much from them all week. His girlfriend is a graphics artist, they visited some art museums to write off the trip as a business expense.
Sounds like a very interesting trip. I'd love to go there.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would love to go to Cuba. It's on my bucket list.

He found the people to be very friendly toward Americans. It looks like any other Carribean country judging from his photos. He had a few problems with the language barrier. All those years of high school Spanish classes were a waste. I would like to see it also one of these days.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would love to go to Cuba. It's on my bucket list.
I would just want the cars that are there........eating chicken, rice and beans everyday....because that's all they have is not appetizing to me. The Kardashians went there on their show and fancy restaurants have no ordering....they bring you chicken, rice& beans and fried plantains.
I heard on the news that if you drop American dollars in shops, they are obligated to turn it over to the gov't.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
We still have a couple of these in our city:

fssmall.jpg
Basement in my elementary school and in subway stations in Boston in 60's and 70's

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
"
Not at all, I guess its like traveling to any other country, you can haul out so much. I'm surprised that he didn't get in trouble with the camera he took in, he shot a lot of video to use in a documentary. It was a very expensive 35MM that shoots video in low light situations. He will write the trip off as a business cost on taxes.

No cigars either, he thought about getting some. It was a cheap vacation.They don't have direct flights from the US into Havana until next week. They had to pay about $100 to take a 1950's vintage taxi cab halfway across the island. Taxi rides in "Habana" are about $10. They stayed in a palatial bed and breakfast for $45 a night, an enormous breakfast of fresh fruit, juice, eggs, ham, and coffee was included that would last all day. They had to convert currencies, there is actually two different types of money used. Tourists have to use a certain kind. You can use state-run internet and phone service, so we didn't hear much from them all week. His girlfriend is a graphics artist, they visited some art museums to write off the trip as a business expense.
"OH! You're that American Zombie guy! I love your work!"