Fired for opening up and retaping box.

rod

Retired 22 years
Is anything actually entered correctly anymore? Someday the :poop: will hit the fan when the consumers realize what a line of :bsbullf: UPS has been feeding them when it comes to commit times and delivery attempts.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
it was a box that they put into my truck.

You were SALTED and you committed the worst mistake any driver can make. ATTEMPT to steal. When will drivers understand that the company SALTS up the trucks and just waits for someone to say they were RE taping the pkg.

Unbelievable that this still happens in this day and age of UPS spying.

TOS.

10 point

Use it, and face diceplinary action for not following directions.

This really isn't a tough idea.

They pay us.

We work as they direct us.

Unless it's unsafe, illegal or immoral.
Not really ironclad tho.

One supe said use Other/Damaged and put it on the preload.

The training said (in Dec of 2015) that we use Missed when not in front of the consignee.

The problem is stupid management and them changing our Corp training to suit their fancy....or cover their rear ends.

The remedy is documenting the training from Corp we did electronically with our name and employee ID linked to it.

The place often sucks because the leadership often sucks. Seems like they want to constantly keep trash stirred up and it puts honest workers at risk.

10 point

One center manager told us NOT to sheet damages at all...right after we took the corp training module. He said "Just bring them in to the pm clerk and dirt it ...Check for damage."

I called the DM the day he started that bullcrap and within ten minutes we got a diad message to sheet all damages found in our PC as "Missed".

What a joke.

10 point

Is anything actually entered correctly anymore? Someday the :poop: will hit the fan when the consumers realize what a line of :bsbullf: UPS has been feeding them when it comes to commit times and delivery attempts.
It already did last year from what I read.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One center manager told us NOT to sheet damages at all...right after we took the corp training module. He said "Just bring them in to the pm clerk and dirt it ...Check for damage."

I called the DM the day he started that bullcrap and within ten minutes we got a diad message to sheet all damages found in our PC as "Missed".

What a joke.

You went over your center manager's head?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Our program shows what BUG says. Other... then down a screen to Damaged.

Yep.

Show me where it is

Right where I said it was.

Screen #1

2lo0ww2.jpg

Screen #2

33onvoj.jpg

Is that good enough ?

Mr. FancyPants. :biggrin:

In all fairness....

There seems to be different versions, of the software.

But "none the less", I don't try and BS the members.

-Bug-

Overpaid Union Thug

Yep.

Right where I said it was.

Screen #1

2lo0ww2.jpg

Screen #2

33onvoj.jpg

Is that good enough ?

Mr. FancyPants. :biggrin:

In all fairness....

There seems to be different versions, of the software.

But "none the less", I don't try and BS the members.

-Bug-
We don't have it. But today I noticed that Damaged as a reason for customer refusal has been taken out too. So, now the word Damaged is nowhere in our options.

10 point

To the OP:
Center...don't sheet (contents missing out of salted pkg).
Center...next day: bring your steward into the office. "Why didn't you sheet that pkg as Missed? Contents were missing. You broke Corp training because you stole out of the pkg and didn't declare it misloaded on your pkg car by not sheeting it".

No thanks. I'd rather follow the latest training on open and/or damaged pkgs.

35years

Gravy route
To the OP:
Center...don't sheet (contents missing out of salted pkg).
Center...next day: bring your steward into the office. "Why didn't you sheet that pkg as Missed? Contents were missing. You broke Corp training because you stole out of the pkg and didn't declare it misloaded on your pkg car by not sheeting it".

No thanks. I'd rather follow the latest training on open and/or damaged pkgs.
We had a case like this.
Salted package, miss-load seeing if he would bury it.
Package actually was damaged (fell) in the package car, and others on top of it.
Driver called in a damaged, not knowing it was a salt, asking how he should sheet.
Center not knowing it was the salt, instructed him not to sheet it and bring it in to OMS.
Driver was called into office with steward the next morning.

Manager: (smirk on face, thinking we finally got this guy) Why didn't you sheet that miss-load and why didn't you call it in? We know it was in your car because we placed it there. That is dishonest.

Driver: (laughing inside) I did call it in. It was that damaged box you told me not to sheet. Please stop salting my truck with miss-loads. I will always call them in and run them if you want me to.

Manager: speechless.

Steward: We are done here.

10 point

We had a case like this.
Salted package, miss-load seeing if he would bury it.
Package actually was damaged (fell) in the package car, and others on top of it.
Driver called it in damaged, not knowing it was a salt, asking how he should sheet.
Center not knowing it was the salt, instructed him not to sheet it and bring it in to OMS.
Driver was called into office with steward the next morning.

Manager: (smirk on face, thinking we finally got this guy) Why didn't you sheet that miss-load and why didn't you call it in? We know it was in your car because we placed it there. That is dishonest.

Driver: (laughing inside) I did call it in. It was that damaged box you told me not to sheet. Please stop salting my truck with miss-loads. I will always call them in and run them if you want me to.

Manager: speechless.

Steward: We are done here.
"Some pkg contents missing" adds gas to the alleged fire.

They normally have a reason to try to nail (lie about) an employee whether right or wrong.

They're a vindictive bunch.

35years

Gravy route
Me: I have potential damage, will sheet as missed per DIAD training.
Center: Don't sheet, just bring to office.
Sheet as missed per training and send the DIAD text stating so.
If center then instructs via DIAD not to sheet as missed, there is a paper trail.
Best to then ask "who wants me not sheet it, please sign the text"