First Ladys Chief of Staff?

diesel96

Whaa.....the first lady gives bad gifts

Whaa.....the first lady shows off her guns at a formal event

Whaa.....the first lady touch the Queen inappropriatly

Whaa......the first Lady and her husband went on a date in NY

Whaa......the first lady's husband stops at Five Guys for a cheeseburger

Whaa.....the first lady plants a veggy garden at the whitehouse

Whaa.....Why does this First Lady need a staff anyway???

:cheer_up::its_all_good:

tieguy

Banned
I didn't catch the name but I saw a quick blurb on the news where some congressman said "the only job creation we have is in the federal government".

Not surprised. In a way I agree with you diesel. At the same time if the obamas are really serious about cutting costs then reducing the size of their personal staffs would be a nice symbolic gesture.

av8torntn

Whaa.....Why does this First Lady need a staff anyway???

Very good point diesel. These people are very wealthy why should I be paying for her staff? They lie and claim they have concern for those less fortunate so since they have vast wealth maybe they could stop sucking away mine and terminate the entire staff of the first lady.

Channahon

I'm sure Michelle having her mom in the White House to care for the girls is on our dime as well. Probably on the Staff payroll as well.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didn't catch the name but I saw a quick blurb on the news where some congressman said "the only job creation we have is in the federal government".

I think you may have heard this if you were watching the Brian Williams interview with Barack Obama as that is where I first heard that quote.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sure Michelle having her mom in the White House to care for the girls is on our dime as well.

No doubt.

Probably on the Staff payroll as well.

Doubtful.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Kind of amusing how our new president tells us all "All Americans are going to have to learn to sacrifice". Yet, Mrs.Pres. and the girls are flying off to Paris to meet him and spend a "holiday". Do as I say, not as I do?

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Michelle Obama replaces Chief of Staff

The above is not a slam against Mrs Obama, just using it as an example of government waste.

If we want to reduce government spending, why would we not get rid of the First Lady's staff? She was not elected, so why do we have to pay for her staff?

government waste this might be, but I find it funny how everything the prez does and the government spends is scrutinized so much by all of us when the economy isn't doing well, but when the economy was great the news never talked about how much money was spent by the tax payers for president bushes private life/vacations! True though, no? JMHO

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
government waste this might be, but I find it funny how everything the prez does and the government spends is scrutinized so much by all of us when the economy isn't doing well, but when the economy was great the news never talked about how much money was spent by the tax payers for president bushes private life/vacations! True though, no? JMHO
Surely you're joking. I know, you're not joking and quit calling you Shirley! EVERYTHING President Bush did was criticized by the left as incompetent or careless. There were special panels on just about every decision he made. By the way, most of his decisions were given the thumbs up by people who later were his biggest critics. Seems like a little flipping to the concensus doesn't it? At least he stood by his convictions and didn't flip-flop with public sentiment.

diesel96

Kind of amusing how our new president tells us all "All Americans are going to have to learn to sacrifice". Yet, Mrs.Pres. and the girls are flying off to Paris to meet him and spend a "holiday". Do as I say, not as I do?

More like "I'm king !"

Surely you're joking. I know, you're not joking and quit calling you Shirley! EVERYTHING President Bush did was criticized by the left as incompetent or careless. There were special panels on just about every decision he made. By the way, most of his decisions were given the thumbs up by people who later were his biggest critics. Seems like a little flipping to the concensus doesn't it? At least he stood by his convictions and didn't flip-flop with public sentiment.

Lets put this in perspective:

Bush's 8 years as President = 2,920 days in office.

Time spent at Crawford 487 days & Camp David 490 days = 977 days

That means he was on vacation for 33% or 1/3 of the time on our dime.

Any questions ? Can you imagine the staff that had to change the sheets and take out the garbage at Camp David????

The ironic part is I wish he was on vacation more because that way there would have been less damage done to our Country.....:thumbup1:

tieguy

Banned
Lets put this in perspective:

Bush's 8 years as President = 2,920 days in office.

Time spent at Crawford 487 days & Camp David 490 days = 977 days

That means he was on vacation for 33% or 1/3 of the time on our dime.

Any questions ? Can you imagine the staff that had to change the sheets and take out the garbage at Camp David????

The ironic part is I wish he was on vacation more because that way there would have been less damage done to our Country.....:thumbup1:

wow presidents can take vacations where they go away and turn the phone off? Now thats funny.:happy-very:

diesel96

wow presidents can take vacations where they go away and turn the phone off? Now thats funny.:happy-very:

Jeez Diesel, that was kinda naive. Presidents are still President, even on vacation.

After beating up Michelle for having a staff (like any other First Lady), as this thread was designed to do, the Obama-haters started posting about making sacrifices and traveling on the taxpayer's dime... Hence, the Bush comparison....and not whether the president can reach out and touch someone on his phone when on Vacation....

Heck, I bet more taxpayer coin was spent to send secret service members and a limo to pick up the party-harty Bush Girls, than to fly the Obama girls to France....:wink2:....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Taxpayers are a little sorer than ever before. We didn't complain about the prez. flyng when we were also flying too.. The difference this time is we've had to tightnen our belts, stop any excess spending etc...I call it "soup & sandwich" times. The prez. (whoever it is) should be a sterling example for us instead of a spending pig that he is. Believe me, it's beyond hate! :angry:

tieguy

Banned
After beating up Michelle for having a staff (like any other First Lady), as this thread was designed to do, the Obama-haters started posting about making sacrifices and traveling on the taxpayer's dime... Hence, the Bush comparison....and not whether the president can reach out and touch someone on his....

So now we're comparing the cost of a president to that of a first lady?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
She needs a better staff, her clothes still suck.
Maybe she can borrow Palins clothes from the campaign?
At least they were tasteful, or Lauras old stuff.