Flat tires on route

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Gah, i've had 4 of em in the past month! Gravel~dirt roads in farm country sure takes its toll on the tires. I dont have a spare, but got a plug kit and a portable tire inflator in my box o tricks...

sure, i also got my AAA card & contact info for my subcontractor and local fedex mechanic but that means waiting for up to 2 hours to get to me.

Is there a way to code out my scanner when i break down so it won't count towards my on duty hours?

20160629_184102.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Gah, i've had 4 of em in the past month! Gravel~dirt roads in farm country sure takes its toll on the tires. I dont have a spare, but got a plug kit and a portable tire inflator in my box o tricks...

sure, i also got my AAA card & contact info for my subcontractor and local fedex mechanic but that means waiting for up to 2 hours to get to me.

Is there a way to code out my scanner when i break down so it won't count towards my on duty hours?

View attachment 86656
There is at Express, a 25. But you're Ground aren't you?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

View attachment 86656
tumblr_mz0idyeOyF1qdlh1io1_400.gif

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'd slow down.

Err, im not paid by the hour like express or ups. My average SPORH is 10~12. Any slower & i have to change my name to "turtle"
9081744-funny-little-turtle-using-four-wheels-to-gain-speed.jpg

Fedex HD... no rush to get there, even if the orion trace has me going to a business closed after hours...next day, ill break trace to make service & say " sorry, this parcel should have went to Ground! "

Sure, we're getting rid of the HD logo doggie and labeling, but for now ill use this excuse

My crappy made in china harbor freight tire inflator will get me up to 45~50 psi, then ill use my area knowledge of customers who have garages with bigger compressors to top it up to 70~80 psi...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
25 is change vehicle and as far as I know a breakdown still counts towards on duty time.
You are correct. It counts as on duty time but against SPH. I was wrong about the number. 24 is vehicle out of service and 25 is vehicle back in service. Don't remember what change vehicle code is.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Sounds to me like the OP simply is not getting the BIG PICTURE, or he'd be avoiding all these nails and screws and what-not on the hi-ways 'n bi-ways he travels.
Obviously he is not practicing GOAL, EVERY GOOD BOY DOES FINE, NOTAM, TWEEDLE, FART, NAACP, and KANKLE.

Good thing he's not Express or he'd be treading dangerously close to OLCC territory. :sad:

bbsam

Staff member
time to replace tires. once tires get to the point where gravel is causing these problems, the tire might make an ok spare. My experience is that even at 5/32, driving on gravel becomes a "roll of the dice".