Florida Republicans pass anti-union bill, reject Democrats’ attempts to soften its blow

Thebrownblob

Do you mean single vacation days? Actually we can split up 2 weeks. So not quite the same.
No, I mean now in the central you can take one week and use it whenever you want daily. You just call and say I’m not coming in and they pay for it. Some people will use it for sick days. Some people will go to the lake on Friday. Lol. Certainly is going to make the management team at the center level squirm.

No, I mean now in the central you can take one week and use it whenever you want daily. You just call and say I’m not coming in and they pay for it. Some people will use it for sick days. Some people will go to the lake on Friday. Lol. Certainly is going to make the management team at the center level squirm.
Do you really believe that? We have enough trouble with normal staffing. "Hey boss this is blob, I am not working today. Thought I would go fishing." Call in the air drivers. LOL

Thebrownblob

Do you really believe that? We have enough trouble with normal staffing. "Hey boss this is blob, I am not working today. Thought I would go fishing." Call in the air drivers. LOL
I don’t have to believe it. It’s part of our contract now. And yes, it’s going to create quite a humorous disaster. And I would agree with you about the part-time air drivers, except we just got rid of two more part time air drivers. Only two left.

I don’t have to believe it. It’s part of our contract now. And yes, it’s going to create quite a humorous disaster. And I would agree with you about the part-time air drivers, except we just got rid of two more part time air drivers. Only two left.
Sounds like you are happy that 2 more dues paying Union members lost their job.

Thebrownblob

Sounds like you are happy that 2 more dues paying Union members lost their job.
They lost their jobs? How so? Those two jobs were combined with hub work and made 22.3. Both of those air drivers bid to go full-time. And I helped to make sure that happened. They are extremely happy now.

They lost their jobs? How so? Those two jobs were combined with hub work and made 22.3. Both of those air drivers bid to go full-time. And I helped to make sure that happened. They are extremely happy now.
I misunderstood when you said you got rid of 2 more air drivers. In my building the company has reinterpreted preload/air drivers as Art 40 combination and cut their inside pay to PT pay by their seniority instead of 22.3 pay rate. Ever hear of this anywhere else?

Thebrownblob

I misunderstood when you said you got rid of 2 more air drivers. In my building the company has reinterpreted preload/air drivers as Art 40 combination and cut their inside pay to PT pay by their seniority instead of 22.3 pay rate. Ever hear of this anywhere else?
No, I have not personally heard of that. We have 2 Preload/air jobs that are 22.3 as well.

No, I have not personally heard of that. We have 2 Preload/air jobs that are 22.3 as well.
Just recently changed their classification. Most are trying to get out of the job as a 22.3 loader/unloader with 4 years seniority will make more then a 20 year Art 40 combination preload/air driver. A lot more. Didn't know if this is nation wide or just a rouge labor manager.

Thebrownblob

Just recently changed their classification. Most are trying to get out of the job as a 22.3 loader/unloader with 4 years seniority will make more then a 20 year Art 40 combination preload/air driver. A lot more. Didn't know if this is nation wide or just a rouge labor manager.
I would have them file doesn’t sound right to me.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We’re they ever classified as FT? We had PT qualified preload and twilight employees that were air drivers but only as needed. They were needed for the past 15 years, and the company decided they don’t anymore so they went back into the hub. Paid air driver rate per article 40 when they drove, otherwise inside rate applies.

We’re they ever classified as FT? We had PT qualified preload and twilight employees that were air drivers but only as needed. They were needed for the past 15 years, and the company decided they don’t anymore so they went back into the hub. Paid air driver rate per article 40 when they drove, otherwise inside rate applies.
Air exception drivers like myself. No these were originally bid as 22.3 preload/AM air drivers. Labor manager or someone dug up Art 40 combination driver language and saying it applies to them. Say if they make a ruckus the company may ask for the overpaid wages back.

Thebrownblob

Air exception drivers like myself. No these were originally bid as 22.3 preload/AM air drivers. Labor manager or someone dug up Art 40 combination driver language and saying it applies to them. Say if they make a ruckus the company may ask for the overpaid wages back.

Sounds like he’s bluffing.