Florida Republicans pass anti-union bill, reject Democrats’ attempts to soften its blow

Thebrownblob

So what is the benefit of blocking members from paying via PayPal deduction?
I don’t have any idea about the PayPal i never heard of it. But I do know many of the white paper contracts we have do not have a sophisticated enough accounting system at the company we negotiated with us for dues check off, so it was negotiated out of the contract and the members pay themselves. . If you knew how many people get a piece of your credit card transaction, it would boggle your mind.

Thebrownblob

Why should a police officer be able to pay union dues via payroll deduction but not the trash man ?
It depends on the contract. Lots of companies don’t do it and it’s negotiated that way. Apparently his passing a law saying they don’t have to. I’m sure they’ll be a lawsuit and they’ll probably have to negotiate it next time.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So what is the benefit of blocking members from paying via Payroll deduction?
Well this is for public sector unions.

So I imagine the goal would be to shift the administrative cost of deductions to the union and its members, rather than being placed onto every taxpayer.

Any other questions?

Thebrownblob

Why should a police officer be able to pay union dues via payroll deduction but not the trash man ?
Here it is in our contract

1682801945966.png

nWo

Well this is for public sector unions.

So I imagine the goal would be to shift the administrative cost of deductions to the union and its members, rather than being placed onto every taxpayer.

Any other questions?

Why should a police officer be able to pay union dues via payroll deduction but not the trash man? Why are police unions exempt from this law?

Thebrownblob

Why should a police officer be able to pay union dues via payroll deduction but not the trash man? Why are police unions exempt from this law?
According to the story you posted……

“Unions representing cops, firefighters, corrections and probation officers would be exempted from most of its provisions, having been categorized by the Republican bill sponsors as belonging to a "special risk category."

nWo

According to the story you posted……

“Unions representing cops, firefighters, corrections and probation officers would be exempted from most of its provisions, having been categorized by the Republican bill sponsors as belonging to a "special risk category."

Do police officers not have credit cards?

Thebrownblob

Do police officers not have credit cards?
So now you’re mad that they have dues check off? And I don’t know what the special provision means because I haven’t read it but maybe they feel police officers are very busy and work a lot of hours and don’t have time unlike office workers. I would much rather have this check off, but it doesn’t always happen in every contract and it is never a dealbreaker. If people want to be union, they will do it. Some of those white paper contract members that we have are some of the best union members I’ve ever met.

nWo

So now you’re mad that they have dues check off? And I don’t know what the special provision means because I haven’t read it but maybe they feel police officers are very busy and work a lot of hours and don’t have time unlike office workers.

Why should these laws apply to the trash man but not a police officer? Why did Republicans decide teachers need these extra hurdles but not cops?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why are police unions exempt from this law?
For political reasons.
Do you really not know how this stuff works?
Or is this just another one of the BLM anti-police rants you spew in the current events forum?

Let me help you out here buddy...

Floridians support the police.
They don't support the radical left wing anti-parents rights positions of the disgusting leader of the teacher's union. So for the political reasons, the cops were exempt.

It's not that complicated.

Thebrownblob

Why should these laws apply to the trash man but not a police officer? Why did Republicans decide teachers need these extra hurdles but not cops?
Like you’ve been told, I’m going to guess the Republicans in Florida feel it is unfair for the taxpayer to have to cover the cost of hiring another person or persons to deduct and manage, sending dues to a union hall. Apparently they feel any costs should be absorbed by the union or the members. I can tell you from experience the cost is minimal as in about three or four dollars per person per month. And that’s only if they use a credit card or bank card with a Visa or MasterCard logo if they pay cash or check there’s no costs because the dues clerk already is being paid anyway.

nWo

For political reasons.
Do you really not know how this stuff works?
Or is this just another one of the BLM anti-police rants you spew in the current events forum?

Let me help you out here buddy...

Floridians support the police.
They don't support the radical left wing anti-parents rights positions of the disgusting leader of the teacher's union. So for the political reasons, the cops were exempt.

It's not that complicated.

So the teachers union and municipal workers union were attacked for political reasons. K. Thx.