flu shots

BrownArmy

Get a flu shot.

Nuff' said.

Please, get a flu shot, if you do, you're contributing to 'herd-immunity'.

There is no realistic actual data that supports 'vaccines cause problems'.

(In 0.005 of cases, they might, but that's not the issue.)

I'm not a fan of needles, but I get the flu-shot.

Best-case scenario, you get the vac for this year, and you're fine.

2nd best-case scenario, you get the vac for this year, but you get sick anyway, but your sickness is 30% of what it could have been, and you're less prone to pass it on to others, etc.

How in the world are we going to figure out how to populate other planets if we can't get our own s*t straight on this planet?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
6b9d201cd47018d61781c156c73614f3.png

Make your own decisions, don't let random people on the internet influence the decisions you make about your health.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would say ask your sup. or center manager your health questions. They seem to believe they are doctors when diagnosing someone calling in sick.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Went to my doctor yesterday. I got my flu shot from her a couple of months ago. She suggested getting a shingles shot. She said it is in such short supply, they only get about 10 doses sent to them a month. What do I need a shingles shot for? I just got a new roof 2 years ago.

rod

Retired 22 years
Went to my doctor yesterday. I got my flu shot from her a couple of months ago. She suggested getting a shingles shot. She said it is in such short supply, they only get about 10 doses sent to them a month. What do I need a shingles shot for? I just got a new roof 2 years ago.

You can always tell when someone is over 60. They bring up getting a shingles shot.

rod

Retired 22 years
The doctor told me her youngest ever shingles patient was 14 years old. She said if you see shingles shots for sale, whether its WM, CVS, or whereever, get it.

I've known a couple people who have had shingles. Very painful they say. That's why I keep current on ALL vacinations.

MAKAVELI

This article also exclaims, to the effect, that GBS can kill. It doesn't seem to mention the poor souls that it doesn't kill are left with partial or full paralysis the rest of their "life".

I am also aware of a 70 tear old retired Nurse that got a flu shot. A short time later she was in an area hospital a quadripelgic on a respirator. Her family had to let her die peacefully...

So...you all run out and get your flu shots....

Father on Life Support After Getting Flu Shot, Family Blames Vaccine
80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., the highest death toll in four decades

How many people die from getting a flu shot?