FMLA is up ,Doc. Put me on restriction, UPS won’t let me work

haloinception

Hi follow teamster brothers and sisters,

I’m in a unique situation, I have a history of back issues over my 20 years being with UPS . I told management years ago that this task has made me hurt . “UPS management pulled me in a room implying I was trying to commitment insurance fraud”. So I just went to my own doctors FMLA and disability,I ended up having surgery, witch did help. Fast forward to the present, I filed for FMLA and STD due to back issues and that was approved until April. I reported to The Hartford that I’d be returning to work with a restriction, they said they would inform UPS of that. I reported to work for 2 days and I asked if The Hartford informed them of my reduction, they didn’t know anything about my restriction, so I showed my doctors note with the restriction.Management told me I can’t work with restrictions. I got a 22.3 job last August and I really need this job. Bills won’t pay theirselves plus have family to take care of .
Any information and/or advice for this situation would be greatly appreciated.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’m sorry to hear about your back trouble union brother. Back pain is no joke and don’t wish it on anyone. Unfortunately it sounds like you went the non-workmans comp way about it and UPS won’t be held responsible. Good luck my friend.
🧔‍♂️✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi follow teamster brothers and sisters,

I’m in a unique situation, I have a history of back issues over my 20 years being with UPS . I told management years ago that this task has made me hurt . “UPS management pulled me in a room implying I was trying to commitment insurance fraud”. So I just went to my own doctors FMLA and disability,I ended up having surgery, witch did help. Fast forward to the present, I filed for FMLA and STD due to back issues and that was approved until April. I reported to The Hartford that I’d be returning to work with a restriction, they said they would inform UPS of that. I reported to work for 2 days and I asked if The Hartford informed them of my reduction, they didn’t know anything about my restriction, so I showed my doctors note with the restriction.Management told me I can’t work with restrictions. I got a 22.3 job last August and I really need this job. Bills won’t pay theirselves plus have family to take care of .
Any information and/or advice for this situation would be greatly appreciated.
What’d you think they were gonna do when you showed them your restrictions?