For all you UPS workers

P

pickup

Junior93, gostiler, tieguy and sleeve , amongst others, gave some very good advice in reference to this job and your ultimate goal of driving.

I suppose you can treat all of the advice given to you as a buffet table and take what appeals to you and leave the rest to the side. I know that many here are recommending schooling beyond high school . That may not appeal to you but nowadays, a college degree is equal to what a high school degree used to be and many jobs that used to require the high school degree now require the college degree. A compromise might be a 2 year degree.

If not, the trade school route sounds promising . Something practical like plumbing, etc. Even if you never formally enter the trade , you might learn how to fix your own boiler and pipes in the future. Again, buffet table, you don't like , you don't take.

You will build up a heckuva of work ethic, thick skin , working at ups and I wish you all the luck. Again I think it is great that a 16 year old is giving thought to his future as opposed to many who will just let the future run into them like a mac truck. Maybe by starting so young, your body and youthful vigor can compensate for some of the b.s.

gostillerz

Whatever.

Thanks, you just proved my point. I was just trying to help this guy, and you wanted to be the know-it-all bitter, childish "I have more seniority than you" *****.

Stop being so petty please. The guy asked a question. If you can't answer it, then don't post.

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks, you just proved my point. I was just trying to help this guy, and you wanted to be the know-it-all bitter, childish "I have more seniority than you" *****.

Stop being so petty please. The guy asked a question. If you can't answer it, then don't post.

See above post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
[video=youtube;LrllCZw8jiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM[/video] HEY GOZZ LIGHTEN UP !!!!!!!!!!

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Don't do it, you'll kill your body in the long run. This company wants robots, but until the technology becomes available, they have to settle for the lesser option of forcing humans to be as close to robots as they can be.

P

pickup

Don't do it, you'll kill your body in the long run. This company wants robots, but until the technology becomes available, they have to settle for the lesser option of forcing humans to be as close to robots as they can be.

i was going to mention this in this transformers link, but here are some, if not all the lyrics to the transformers song

Transformers: more than meets the eye
Transformers: robots in disguise

Between the diad and telematics, maybe the package car is transforming, but it is transforming the human drivers into robots.