For those financially concerned about a strike…. How to cover your self

Faceplanted

I’m just going to drop some numbers for people who care, and people who want to cover their ass financially if we do strike. It seems the mindset of many on here is a strike is 100% going to happen.

Please keep the “muh expert options trader” mocking and :censored2:ary comments to your self.

Here are the numbers per robinhood. I am using robinhood as the example as it is the easiest for newfags to use.

A ups 180 dollar put that expires on 8/4 is currently available for purchase at $2.22. When buying an options contract, the contact is for 100 “shares”. So $222 dollars.

Let’s assuming that we do go on strike. A 20% stock drop would have us at 148 usd. I chose 20 because recently FedEx stock dropped 20% in one day simply due to a statement about their situation. I think an actual strike drop would be comparable, and possibly greater.

This chart is a basic calculator that is not exact as the Greeks vary…. But based upon this calculation, an ups stock price of 148usd In the beginning of aug results in 1300-1400% return on your 222usd initial. So about $2600-3000 profit.

You can change the date, or dollar value of the put option. To trade options on robinhood you have to take a quick test (answers on the internet). Type in the ticker, click options, then click the date and find what you want.

For a few hundred dollars, you can protect your self. For 500 bucks in options aug 4 180usd put options….assuming we do strike, and the stock does fall 15-20%….you can make 5-7 thousand dollars.

Just trying to help my brothers hedge them selves. We don’t strike, you lost a few hundred bucks “insurance”.

Attachments

• 2D2348DE-5FAA-465D-B846-A68D04AA77BE.png
    2D2348DE-5FAA-465D-B846-A68D04AA77BE.png
    520.9 KB · Views: 34

Faceplanted

Look at it as insurance.

It’s odd af that the stock price hasn’t really moved with any strike news. And when the earnings report got postponed the stock had a good daily pump. July 5 when negotiations broke down, no real movement.

“Wall st knows” is kinda bs imo. Market makers play games to trigger margin calls, or to break support/trend lines to create bigger moves via triggering bots/cascading

We’ll see what happens. I will make some good money if the price dumps 20% (months of pay). If it doesn’t I lost less than a weeks check. So it goes in the world of gambling aka trying to be a trader.

Zowert

Look at it as insurance.

It’s odd af that the stock price hasn’t really moved with any strike news. And when the earnings report got postponed the stock had a good daily pump. July 5 when negotiations broke down, no real movement.

“Wall st knows” is kinda bs imo. Market makers play games to trigger margin calls, or to break support/trend lines to create bigger moves via triggering bots/cascading

We’ll see what happens. I will make some good money if the price dumps 20% (months of pay). If it doesn’t I lost less than a weeks check. So it goes in the world of gambling aka trying to be a trader.

A strike at the largest logistics company on the planet is a speculator‘s dream. There will be a lot of people making money on put options while we are on the picket lines.

Pullman Brown

I’m just going to drop some numbers for people who care, and people who want to cover their ass financially if we do strike. It seems the mindset of many on here is a strike is 100% going to happen.

Please keep the “muh expert options trader” mocking and :censored2:ary comments to your self.

Here are the numbers per robinhood. I am using robinhood as the example as it is the easiest for newfags to use.

A ups 180 dollar put that expires on 8/4 is currently available for purchase at $2.22. When buying an options contract, the contact is for 100 “shares”. So $222 dollars.

Let’s assuming that we do go on strike. A 20% stock drop would have us at 148 usd. I chose 20 because recently FedEx stock dropped 20% in one day simply due to a statement about their situation. I think an actual strike drop would be comparable, and possibly greater.

This chart is a basic calculator that is not exact as the Greeks vary…. But based upon this calculation, an ups stock price of 148usd In the beginning of aug results in 1300-1400% return on your 222usd initial. So about $2600-3000 profit.

You can change the date, or dollar value of the put option. To trade options on robinhood you have to take a quick test (answers on the internet). Type in the ticker, click options, then click the date and find what you want.

For a few hundred dollars, you can protect your self. For 500 bucks in options aug 4 180usd put options….assuming we do strike, and the stock does fall 15-20%….you can make 5-7 thousand dollars.

Just trying to help my brothers hedge them selves. We don’t strike, you lost a few hundred bucks “insurance”.

Thanks for looking out! Just purchased the 180. 8/4. Worse that can happen is lose the $222.

DOK

And what if we don’t strike? What do you do with your put?
Newb investor question.

DOK

Do you have to do anything on august 4th to realize your profit? Or will the transaction automatically take place on august 4th and nothing further is required for you to do? You’ll just wake up on august 4th and your money will be in your robinhood account, or your $500 will be automatically withdrawn in the event we don’t go on strike?

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers

Do I need to enable margin investing on Robinhood to be able to do puts? For the last few weeks , I’ve been looking to activate the ability to buy puts.

Faceplanted

trust me your plan in the long run sucks , the info you have compared to Wall Street is a joke . They will eat you up over time .
What plan? I’m doing 1 play to hedge us getting 500 a week standing outside drinking beer. I don’t mess with options for the most part. Iv bet money on 2-3 games in a weekend of gambling
Thanks for looking out! Just purchased the 180. 8/4. Worse that can happen is lose the $222.

Exactly.

And what if we don’t strike? What do you do with your put?
Newb investor question.
If we don’t strike, I expect the stock to dump a bit anyways. “Sell the news”. The reality of the situation is if we don’t strike I will likely loose all my initial.
Do you have to do anything on august 4th to realize your profit? Or will the transaction automatically take place on august 4th and nothing further is required for you to do? You’ll just wake up on august 4th and your money will be in your robinhood account, or your $500 will be automatically withdrawn in the event we don’t go on strike?
Nobody really holds options to expiry. If we do strike I will see how everything is happening. I will likely close on the 3rd of the morning of the 4th at the latest
Do I need to enable margin investing on Robinhood to be able to do puts? For the last few weeks , I’ve been looking to activate the ability to buy puts.
Yes you do. I think I had to take a little test. Or it may have been one of the other brokers I use

Faceplanted

Or you could go to Vegas , day trading is a slow walk to broke .
trust me your plan in the long run sucks , the info you have compared to Wall Street is a joke . They will eat you up over time .
When you look at options trading/or futures trading the same way as looking at gambling on a sporting event……. It’s no big deal.

I always think of the money as gone. Only bet what your willing to loose fam

When you look at options trading/or futures trading the same way as looking at gambling on a sporting event……. It’s no big deal.

I always think of the money as gone. Only bet what your willing to loose fam
You are talking as if this contract snuck up on you , if 500 dollars is going to change your out come over a month long strike god help you . My suggestion next time , Plan ahead don’t try to game the system