For those financially concerned about a strike…. How to cover your self

Faceplanted

You are talking as if this contract snuck up on you , if 500 dollars is going to change your out come over a month long strike god help you . My suggestion next time , Plan ahead don’t try to game the system
pLaNn a-HeEd. See image. I actually bought some options in February after seeing the largest ups single share holders sold large amount of stock recently

You have no understanding of what we are talking about. An investment of 222usd can result in 2000-3000+ profit with a 15-20% stock price drop. I have a few posistions i have been taking over the last months. If the stock dumps 20% I stand to make well over 10k. Closer to 20k if it’s a big drop

If not I lost what I’m comfortable with. Don’t worry, if we strike, and the price dumps a good amount, I will be providing beer to my brothers.

Attachments

• B72F1EB0-D0AD-4533-B74F-3EF38FACFF82.jpeg
    B72F1EB0-D0AD-4533-B74F-3EF38FACFF82.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 41
pLaNn a-HeEd. See image. I actually bought some options in February after seeing the largest ups single share holders sold large amount of stock recently

You have no understanding of what we are talking about. An investment of 222usd can result in 2000-3000+ profit with a 15-20% stock price drop. I have a few posistions i have been taking over the last months. If the stock dumps 20% I stand to make well over 10k. Closer to 20k if it’s a big drop

If not I lost what I’m comfortable with. Don’t worry, if we strike, and the price dumps a good amount, I will be providing beer to my brothers.
I understand much more than you think I do , 30 plus years of understanding at ups . This contract is something that happens every few years . I have planned for it the same as getting gas in my car to get to work every week . I know it’s coming so I just get gas . I don’t search for ways to buy the gas I just save enough to buy it . If you believe you have a fresh new idea you just came up with it means someone else came up with the same idea a long long time before you. But good luck I hope you survive the month ( if even that long strike ) . Some advice , 2028 is fast approaching so throw a couple bucks into a savings account.

Faceplanted

I understand much more than you think I do , 30 plus years of understanding at ups . This contract is something that happens every few years . I have planned for it the same as getting gas in my car to get to work every week . I know it’s coming so I just get gas . I don’t search for ways to buy the gas I just save enough to buy it . If you believe you have a fresh new idea you just came up with it means someone else came up with the same idea a long long time before you. But good luck I hope you survive the month ( if even that long strike ) . Some advice , 2028 is fast approaching so throw a couple bucks into a savings account.
I didn’t prepare for :censored2:.

The weird thing to me…. About people talking about “preparing” ect.

Do people not have tens of thousands in available credit just on credit cards? Do people not own things? Money comes and goes. Iv made large amounts of money, and saw large amounts of cash disappear. It would probably be hard for many to comprehend.

A strike and the potential loss of a few thousand is not a concern of mine. I understand the reality, that my career can disappear due to a multitude of reasons. If your gonna worry about a few weeks, why not worry about no job, why not worry about a global collapse, a meterior?

Over70irregs

I didn’t prepare for :censored2:.

The weird thing to me…. About people talking about “preparing” ect.

Do people not have tens of thousands in available credit just on credit cards? Do people not own things? Money comes and goes. Iv made large amounts of money, and saw large amounts of cash disappear. It would probably be hard for many to comprehend.

A strike and the potential loss of a few thousand is not a concern of mine. I understand the reality, that my career can disappear due to a multitude of reasons. If your gonna worry about a few weeks, why not worry about no job, why not worry about a global collapse, a meterior?
Ok bring water, shoes and sun tan lotion. We have a meeting at the sidewalk. We can discuss climate change.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I really don't understand how people who brag so much about making "six figures on a high school diploma" all the time can honestly be financially concerned about a strike and not have tens, even hundreds of thousands in liquid cash at the ready for whatever.

I really don't understand how people who brag so much about making "six figures on a high school diploma" all the time can honestly be financially concerned about a strike and not have tens, even hundreds of thousands in liquid cash at the ready for whatever.
Those are the same people that don't have a lot of money in their 401k.

sailfish

Those are the same people that don't have a lot of money in their 401k.
I'll admit I've been investment adverse the last few years but that hasn't meant I've been burning money. Where the hell do all these people's money go? Compared to the big game these people talk about their checks I've been a lifelong pauper yet managed to enjoy a month long unpaid suspension like it was a vacation.

I'll admit I've been investment adverse the last few years but that hasn't meant I've been burning money. Where the hell do all these people's money go? Compared to the big game these people talk about their checks I've been a lifelong pauper yet managed to enjoy a month long unpaid suspension like it was a vacation.
Buy a house and have a couple of children.
That will make your money disappear real fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

sailfish

Niy a house and have a couple of children.
That will make your money disappear real fast.
Many of these same people boast about how their spouse makes more than them to boot. I guess they spent too much on their house or something. So much boasting and bragging about how much they make. Maybe they need to take a step down before they get humbled the hard way.

Many of these same people boast about how their spouse makes more than them to boot. I guess they spent too much on their house or something. So much boasting and bragging about how much they make. Maybe they need to take a step down before they get humbled the hard way.
I always saved a little something but I can tell you the strike of 97 woke me up.

DOK

What happens if you move the contract date further out, or more interested in What happens to the cost of the options contracts if you wait until closer to august 1st to purchase the contract?

Faceplanted

the responsible way to live life is to spend big bucks on guns, cars (that appreciate), and invest in highly volatile markets. Everything is cyclic.

But my peers spend money on riced out gay-r 15’s instead of stuff like Russian ak’s, fal’s, carry handled colt ar15’s. They spend money on Ford raptors instead of r32 skylines, fd rx-7’s. They buy 3500 sq foot houses where nobody wants to live, instead of a 2100 sq foot house in an area that appreciates drastically higher and faster.

To each their own thought. I’m not one to speak.

Faceplanted

What happens if you move the contract date further out, or more interested in What happens to the cost of the options contracts if you wait until closer to august 1st to purchase the contract?
Totally depends on where the stock price is. If the price starts to drop early in the week, you will have to either pay more for the contract, or return less on your same initial.

Or the price will go up. I was looking at FedEx call options, but the stock has been pumping pretty hard already. Who knows, it will prob pull a “carnival cruise line” stock move. Nobody knows anything.

DOK

Totally depends on where the stock price is. If the price starts to drop early in the week, you will have to either pay more for the contract, or return less on your same initial.

Or the price will go up. I was looking at FedEx call options, but the stock has been pumping pretty hard already. Who knows, it will prob pull a “carnival cruise line” stock move. Nobody knows anything.
In the case of FedEx their stock is rising rapidly. Could you not buy a call and a put contract on FedEx and then just exercise the one that realized the gain? Only losing the small price of the contract that lost value but realizing the profit of the contract that gained value?

Faceplanted

In the case of FedEx their stock is rising rapidly. Could you not buy a call and a put contract on FedEx and then just exercise the one that realized the gain? Only losing the small price of the contract that lost value but realizing the profit of the contract that gained value?
This is exactly what I was going to do. But FedEx is up 11% this month. It looks like a nice pullback though for those wanting to get some “call” contracts the last couple days, and the charts still have not broke the uptrend yet.

There is also a good possibility that if we do get a contract, and part time workers get paid well… wall st will look at that as a negative and UPS stock will drop anyway.

I said it early in the year, there is some :censored2:ary going on….and going to go on with the stock. The fact that single major holders sold massive portions/all of their ups stock months ago is one of those “things”