Forced to go through air progression twice.

PizzaToUps

So as you all may know, there’s a part time air progression and a full time air progression, both with different rates of pay.

I was a part time air driver/cover driver and worked in the hub when laid off but always delivered air on saturdays. I weren’t through the two year air progression before the 2018 contract was ratified and was making $30 an hour. I recently won a combo bid and now My rate of pay dropped to $17 an hour. They are saying I need to now go through the full time air progression. Think I can fight this and at least be Red circled ?

barnyard

KTM rider
I am pretty sure you are going through progression now as a FT employee. You have not done that, so you need to do it again.

PizzaToUps

I am pretty sure you are going through progression now as a FT employee. You have not done that, so you need to do it again.

yeah for my inside rate portion but why would I lose money for doing the same type of work? I should at least be red circled. I made more money as a part timer lol...

RTCD

You should be red circled at top rate air after 2 years. Your first air punch started the clock on your progression and like you said you don’t go through progression twice.

The new contract changed air progression to 4 years... it would be crazy to go 6 years for top rate air pay.

RTCD

The Master, Article 40, section 6 covers all this.

2 (C) even mentions the PT to FT red circled rate.

ManInBrown

So as you all may know, there’s a part time air progression and a full time air progression, both with different rates of pay.

I was a part time air driver/cover driver and worked in the hub when laid off but always delivered air on saturdays. I weren’t through the two year air progression before the 2018 contract was ratified and was making $30 an hour. I recently won a combo bid and now My rate of pay dropped to $17 an hour. They are saying I need to now go through the full time air progression. Think I can fight this and at least be Red circled ?
Don’t worry. We’ll all be dead soon. Who cares.

WTFm8

The Master, Article 40, section 6 covers all this.

2 (C) even mentions the PT to FT red circled rate.

AE6553B4-0BED-4AF2-B8E5-7DE190A923F6.jpeg

RTCD

If you have already completed the 2 year air progression as PT then there is no additional progression. You should go straight to FT top rate... is there even a difference between the two top rates?

PizzaToUps

If you have already completed the 2 year air progression as PT then there is no additional progression. You should go straight to FT top rate... is there even a difference between the two top rates?

it’s around a $2 difference. You would think they’d at least red circled me and then I would go through that 4 year progression to get the extra $2 difference...

Rack em

Made the Podium
The only issue may be that he isn't getting a FT air job. He's becoming a combo. I read the same language but Article 40 is such a cluster friend that it just seems to screw everything up.
My BA told me avoid anything to with article 40 when filing grievances because it's so messed up, the company will win most of the time.

SameRightsForAll

What the hell is Red Circled and when did this term start?

PizzaToUps

The only issue may be that he isn't getting a FT air job. He's becoming a combo. I read the same language but Article 40 is such a cluster friend that it just seems to screw everything up.
My argument against that is if you look at section friend, it places combos into the full time air driver wage classification. One could argue that it’s technically full time air driver work and therefore a full time air driver job.