fraud !

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,

We already covered those red state democrats --surfer dude is yours --As you would say "white" surfer boy --while he finds his passion surfing --keep delivering those packages so he can buy Lobster . Should sound fair to you --of course there is no food stamp abuse--Hang five !!

Island, I dont think "anyone" has ever said there is no fraud with welfare recepients. Just like there are dishonest people in congress and the senate. Just look at the latest republican who had to resign after he campaigned for drug testing for welfare recepients only to be caught snorting cocaine himself in his congressional office.

Give it a rest Island, lobster boy is one of millions of dishonest white people recieving food stamps.

TOS..

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How is that any of your damn business? Does their not paying for their lunch make them lesser soccer players? This is a truly racist point of view.
Sent using BrownCafe App
The used to try to recruit my son any other white kid to get free lunches also. That's how I found out about it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Island, I dont think "anyone" has ever said there is no fraud with welfare recepients. Just like there are dishonest people in congress and the senate. Just look at the latest republican who had to resign after he campaigned for drug testing for welfare recepients only to be caught snorting cocaine himself in his congressional office.

Give it a rest Island, lobster boy is one of millions of dishonest white people recieving food stamps.

TOS..

So you think that only white people are dishonest ?

island1fox

Millions of people are committing welfare fraud ---Unlike tos and MSNBC --no need to always divide people by --race, sex-income etc etc.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The used to try to recruit my son any other white kid to get free lunches also. That's how I found out about it.
"Recruit" your son to get free lunches? How so?

The way I have ALWAYS seen it done is a form is filled out on registration day/first day of school. It's based on household income.

The reason schools make people fill out the form is because the school receives Title 1 funding for low income students. If more than 40% of the student body gets free or reduced lunch, the school is classified as a Title 1 School. There isn't a single public school in my city that I know of that isn't classified as Title 1. They need all the money they can get trust me it's not a good situation.

realbrown1

"Recruit" your son to get free lunches? How so?

The way I have ALWAYS seen it done is a form is filled out on registration day/first day of school. It's based on household income.

The reason schools make people fill out the form is because the school receives Title 1 funding for low income students. If more than 40% of the student body gets free or reduced lunch, the school is classified as a Title 1 School. There isn't a single public school in my city that I know of that isn't classified as Title 1. They need all the money they can get trust me it's not a good situation.
They wanted all the soccer team to all go to the same lunch line. My son and another player went to the cash lunch line, the rest of the team went to the free lunch line.
The players said that if my son filled out a form, he could get free lunches also.
My son said hell no.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They wanted all the soccer team to all go to the same lunch line. My son and another player went to the cash lunch line, the rest of the team went to the free lunch line.
The players said that if my son filled out a form, he could get free lunches also.
My son said hell no.
So teenagers that knew nothing about how the system works tried to "recruit" him to fill out the form that probably had already been filled out. That explains it. The way you put it was like they were trying to sign him up for the army or commit FRAUD! or something like that.

It's nice that your son has a family capable of providing for him. I couldn't imagine not being able to afford a lunch growing up. I was lucky enough to have parents who cared enough to pay for private school... I couldn't afford a hot lunch from the school, but bologna sandwiches worked out fine.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son said hell no.

Wouldn't it be easier if the team just sat together during lunch?

realbrown1

So teenagers that knew nothing about how the system works tried to "recruit" him to fill out the form that probably had already been filled out. That explains it. The way you put it was like they were trying to sign him up for the army or commit FRAUD! or something like that.

It's nice that your son has a family capable of providing for him. I couldn't imagine not being able to afford a lunch growing up. I was lucky enough to have parents who cared enough to pay for private school... I couldn't afford a hot lunch from the school, but bologna sandwiches worked out fine.
17 and 18 year olds who don't know how to get a free lunch? You're kidding, right. You can not be that naive.
And maybe if thier parents hadn't illegally came into our country, waited in line, and done it right, they wouldn't be on welfare, foodstamps, and getting free breakfasts, lunches and health care at our expense. Somebody has to pay for thier decisions.

Wouldn't it be easier if the team just sat together during lunch?
The lines are on about 200 yards apart. Big school. Too much trouble for young, healthy athletes to do.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So teenagers that knew nothing about how the system works tried to "recruit" him to fill out the form that probably had already been filled out.
17 and 18 year olds who don't know how to get a free lunch? You're kidding, right. You can not be that naive.
Wow, backhanded insults, this escalated quickly.

Let me clarify just in case you're too naive to follow.
The free/reduced lunch program is used by most school districts to determine how to allocate the federal Title 1 funds they receive. The Title 1 funds are given to the district based on CENSUS information. Lying on the form doesn't create additional funds, it only changes the way the money is distributed.
I'm sure those 17 year old kids know all about that though.....

Last edited:

realbrown1

Wow, backhanded insults, this escalated quickly.

Let me clarify just in case you're too naive to follow.
The free/reduced lunch program is used by most school districts to determine how to allocate the federal Title 1 funds they receive. The Title 1 funds are given to the district based on CENSUS information. Lying on the form doesn't create additional funds, it only changes the way the money is distributed.
I'm sure those 17 year old kids know all about that though.....
Do you think that the kids really care?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you think that the kids really care?
About what?
About anything other than getting their free lunch?

When I went to school there was a stigma attached to those who received free or reduced price lunches and here you are encouraging your children to apply for the program just so they can hang with their soccer buddies. This is clearly not the kids thinking for themselves.

realbrown1

When I went to school there was a stigma attached to those who received free or reduced price lunches and here you are encouraging your children to apply for the program just so they can hang with their soccer buddies. This is clearly not the kids thinking for themselves.
Are you friend-ing nuts. I never have, or would, ever encourage my kid to apply for "free" lunches.
Where in my posts did you see that I did that?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Fifty-Four Defendants Charged in $18 Million WIC and Food Stamp Fraud Conspiracy
Thirty-Four Additional Defendants Charged with Allegedly Selling Their Federal Food Benefits for Cash

The 54-defendant indictment alleges that a number of defendants conspired to open purported grocery stores in Savannah, Macon, Atlanta, Garden City, Lithonia, LaGrange, Stone Mountain, Riverdale, and elsewhere for the purpose of buying WIC and Food Stamp benefits for cash. Once the purported stores were opened and approved as WIC and Food Stamp vendors, many of the defendants allegedly canvassed low-income neighborhoods and solicited WIC and Food Stamp participants to illegally exchange their benefits not for food but for cash. The defendants then allegedly bought WIC and Food Stamp benefits for cash at a fraction of the amount they received from the USDA by redeeming the benefits they had purchased. The defendants also allegedly conspired to launder over $18 million in proceeds received from their fraud upon the WIC and Food Stamp programs.
Each of the 54 defendants listed in the larger indictment have been charged with one count of mail and wire fraud conspiracy, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000, and one count of money laundering conspiracy, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $500,000. The United States further seeks the forfeiture of $20 million and various bank accounts and assets, including a 2008 Land Rover and a 2008 Mercedes Benz. Each of the 34 defendants charged with conspiring to sell their federal food benefits face a maximum sentence of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.