Fred, Dave, MT3 and the October Surprise

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
About what? Where is this happening? Our station is so short on staff right now some of the managers are going out on the road to run uncovered routes....

You know, I could spray paint the writing on the wall 10 feet high and hire a skywriter and you'd still see nothing. When are you (and others) going to get it?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you look at Goldilock's avatar eye it's pink. That's from wearing rose colored glasses to work everyday.

Can't see why you guys consistently harp on Goldilocks (who I just recently discovered her real identity) and her "purple-colored glasses". I don't see all of that in her posts. Yes, she is still positive towards the company, but with her years of service....why wouldn't she be? Based on all I've heard, lack of hours hasn't come CLOSE to hitting her station yet. I'm in agreement with her in that I still hold out some hope that the near future for Express won't be as bleak as some on here are painting it to be. I do think difficult times are ahead and couriers will be struggling to get close to the hours they get now, but I don't see it as a quick process and it will be a gradual decline in the next year or two.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Don't know if this is related, but when I missed two POD's in May, my senior manager told me there would be zero tolerance for this soon. He could have been blowing smoke up my a--, but that's what I was told.

In this area, missing missing POD's have been a big honking deal for a couple of years.

Ricochet1a

Can't see why you guys consistently harp on Goldilocks (who I just recently discovered her real identity) and her "purple-colored glasses".

Well...

This gives me the opportunity to confirm the ability of one of my sources in getting accurate information - since I've had no outside commo with "Roughrider".

Here is what I got back a week ago from a database inquiry (Mr. FedEx can confirm this if he wants, I let him know at that time).

Goldi - "LH" 4 digit e# last 2 digits 88

Hubby - "WH" 5 digit e# last 3 digits 338

Both at JMDA

Not 100% sure, but pretty close.

59 Dano

Well...

This gives me the opportunity to confirm the ability of one of my sources in getting accurate information - since I've had no outside commo with "Roughrider".

Here is what I got back a week ago from a database inquiry (Mr. FedEx can confirm this if he wants, I let him know at that time).

Both at JMDA

And MFE was worried that MEMPHIS would try to stalk us to find out who's who on the board.

DontThrowPackages

Well...

Both at JMDA

Not really into the outing of anyone on this or any forum. But with employee numbers that low they probably could file for retirement today and walk away happy. No wonder there's no worry from "that person" about the next phase the company is headed in. Well when Romney is elected, all the Job creators will hire us all back due to a overflowing and robust economy. I'm sure we'll see the time again when they will be in so need of workers, the starting pay for a courier will leap frog that of one that has already been working there for 5 years.
Most every courier I know would never take a ground position. So true, when the roads rolled out, we knew the company was heading towards attracting a lower wage employee. Remember DHL? The biggest complaint I heard from my customers was the DHL drivers can't speak English. October could be the start of UPS being Synonymous with service and not us.

59 Dano

Remember DHL? The biggest complaint I heard from my customers was the DHL drivers can't speak English.

DHL is/was a special kind of experiment gone horribly wrong. They bought ABX, which wasn't making any money. I think it's last year before it was purchased by DHL it had a net profit of .4%. They nearly gave away the service for free and they still couldn't get any volume. All of that infrastructure (even after paring a lot of it down after the purchase of ABX) and no packages.

I don't know whose idea that was but wow, it turned out to be a bad one.

Goldilocks

Not really into the outing of anyone on this or any forum. But with employee numbers that low they probably could file for retirement today and walk away happy. No wonder there's no worry from "that person" about the next phase the company is headed in. Well when Romney is elected, all the Job creators will hire us all back due to a overflowing and robust economy. I'm sure we'll see the time again when they will be in so need of workers, the starting pay for a courier will leap frog that of one that has already been working there for 5 years.
Most every courier I know would never take a ground position. So true, when the roads rolled out, we knew the company was heading towards attracting a lower wage employee. Remember DHL? The biggest complaint I heard from my customers was the DHL drivers can't speak English. October could be the start of UPS being Synonymous with service and not us.

Thank you....

Goldilocks

Can't see why you guys consistently harp on Goldilocks (who I just recently discovered her real identity) and her "purple-colored glasses". I don't see all of that in her posts. Yes, she is still positive towards the company, but with her years of service....why wouldn't she be? Based on all I've heard, lack of hours hasn't come CLOSE to hitting her station yet. I'm in agreement with her in that I still hold out some hope that the near future for Express won't be as bleak as some on here are painting it to be. I do think difficult times are ahead and couriers will be struggling to get close to the hours they get now, but I don't see it as a quick process and it will be a gradual decline in the next year or two.

I will be glad to share my identity. Nothing to hide. Just happy not to be standing in the unemployment line...

:flirtysmile3:

Goldilocks

Well...

Both at JMDA

Sorry Ricochet1a, not even close... Hello Mr Fedex!!

fat ass.jpg
fat ass.jpg

Last edited:

Goldilocks

What did I do to deserve this? This needs to stay in your family album or perhaps be fowarded to the medical department of your local university. She is pretty yummy though.

I'm sorry MrFedex, the devil made me do it....lol...Just trying to make you laugh...I know its tough out there...