Fred's Town Hall

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No need to explain anything. You have nothing more than your opinion to show for your comments.

Neither do you. Refute my statement that SFA results are phony. You cannot. There's a Pink Unicorn/ Double Rainbow Award (PUDB) waiting for you on Monday when you return to work.

LTFedExer

Neither do you. Refute my statement that SFA results are phony. You cannot. There's a Pink Unicorn/ Double Rainbow Award (PUDB) waiting for you on Monday when you return to work.
Let's see if I got this right. You make a statement, I ask for proof, you ask me to prove your statement is false? Sorry, doesn't work that way. You say the numbers are 'fixed'. I NEVER said their not. But, I wouldn't know either way for fact......just like you. Once again, statement with no proof.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's see if I got this right. You make a statement, I ask for proof, you ask me to prove your statement is false? Sorry, doesn't work that way. You say the numbers are 'fixed'. I NEVER said their not. But, I wouldn't know either way for fact......just like you. Once again, statement with no proof.

I have always said that it is my OPINION that the numbers are completely fake. FedEx never offers proof. How can I? It's a scam, but nobody can prove it but the folks who do the numbers.

quadro

I have always said that it is my OPINION that the numbers are completely fake. FedEx never offers proof. How can I? It's a scam, but nobody can prove it but the folks who do the numbers.
But you do a pretty awesome job of presenting your opinion as fact.

LTFedExer

Yes, quadro does, doesn't he? If you'd like to think I'm a manager, so much the better.
Oops, quoted the wrong person. Sorry, quadro. You, on the other hand, know more about the inner workings of the operation than most managers I know. Heck, even more than the Senior Managers. It doesn't really matter if you are a manager or not. For a company you hate so much, you've been with them for longer than I would have. Yeah yeah, I know, you have a exit strategy.

bbsam

Staff member
It only applies to specific people who cannot seem to understand a clear idea/argument.

Then other possibilities exist. Perhaps the "clear idea/argument" is not really clear or maybe there is evidence that contradicts the "clear idea/argument" in a manner more convincing than you have been able to present.

LTFedExer

Then other possibilities exist. Perhaps the "clear idea/argument" is not really clear or maybe there is evidence that contradicts the "clear idea/argument" in a manner more convincing than you have been able to present.
All I have ever done is disagree with certain others point of view on this board. My biggest gripe/peeve is that if you dislike/hate a company so much, why do you stay? I have also stated quite a few times that I do not agree with everything upper management does. If I thought I could do a better job running a mutli-billion dollar company, I'd start my own. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and say 'Pay them more money', 'Put more money in their 401K', 'Give them better benefits', etc. But, when you're not the one that has to shell out the cash to do so.....their just words without meaning.

My point of view is this. Would I like more money? Yes. Would I like better benefits? Yes Would I like more of whatever others say we don't get enough of? Yes. I'd be a fool to say I wouldn't like more. But, I live pretty well on what I make and that's all that matters right now.

vantexan

All I have ever done is disagree with certain others point of view on this board. My biggest gripe/peeve is that if you dislike/hate a company so much, why do you stay?....If I thought I could do a better job running a mutli-billion dollar company, I'd start my own. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and say 'Pay them more money', 'Put more money in their 401K', 'Give them better benefits', etc. But, when you're not the one that has to shell out the cash to do so.....their just words without meaning.
My point of view is this. Would I like more money? Yes. Would I like better benefits? Yes Would I like more of whatever others say we don't get enough of? Yes. I'd be a fool to say I wouldn't like more. But, I live pretty well on what I make and that's all that matters right now.

But you make no allowances for others' experiences. If, as in my case, you worked many years to get a pension, which was clearly spelled out would be yours if you put in the time, wouldn't you be upset if they terminated the plan before you could earn the full pension. I know you may downplay it as no big deal but for many of us, especially those near retirement, it's a big deal. Something that you may realize yourself someday. If it was to save the company, well too bad for me. But it's not, it's about maximizing profit so that those who own alot of stock can reap huge rewards. Poor little FedEx is doing well, in huge part due to forcing their employees to accept much less. Easy to say just leave if you don't like it. Not so easy when you're older and the economy stinks. You don't like our criticism? Too bad. Your side is getting your way in everything except shutting us up. So deal with it.

LTFedExer

But you make no allowances for others' experiences. If, as in my case, you worked many years to get a pension, which was clearly spelled out would be yours if you put in the time, wouldn't you be upset if they terminated the plan before you could earn the full pension. I know you may downplay it as no big deal but for many of us, especially those near retirement, it's a big deal. Something that you may realize yourself someday. If it was to save the company, well too bad for me. But it's not, it's about maximizing profit so that those who own alot of stock can reap huge rewards. Poor little FedEx is doing well, in huge part due to forcing their employees to accept much less. Easy to say just leave if you don't like it. Not so easy when you're older and the economy stinks. You don't like our criticism? Too bad. Your side is getting your way in everything except shutting us up. So deal with it.
You have to look out for yourself. If the pension was/is going to be your primary source of income at retirement, you may need to take a 2nd look at your finances. I'm working on not needing my pension, so that money will be a nice little bonus.

vantexan

You have to look out for yourself. If the pension was/is going to be your primary source of income at retirement, you may need to take a 2nd look at your finances. I'm working on not needing my pension, so that money will be a nice little bonus.

See, you downplayed it. The traditional pension was supposed to replace half of my highest annual average pay, the rest I had to come up with myself. Good luck replacing that much yourself, and rest assured that the cash balance plan will be a LITTLE bonus. Yeah, who needs money in retirement?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

And how many people realistically are gonna be able to do that?

Why don't you just tell Fred you aren't gonna need that silly ol' pension?