Free at Last, Free at Last

vantexan

I got married 2 weeks ago to a wonderful lady I dated in college 31 years ago. She found me on Facebook in April and it's been a whirlwind romance. We decided to end our "careers" and see where the day takes us in Mexico. Today, the 6th of September, 2013, was my last day. Tying up some loose ends then heading south. The only thing I want to think about with FedEx in the future is whether my pension check has been deposited. It's very much like being a kid in a home with a bully father, and finally able to leave home for good. I once told a new manager she'd have to make moral compromises as a mgr for FedEx. I've often wondered in the 5 years since if she's ever thought about that. But I digress. Good luck everyone, I may read this forum from time to time, but I'm not going to linger. Best wishes!

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. Good luck, van. Somehow I can't help think there's a song to go with this twist of fate. Bon Jovi comes to mind. "You Give Love a Bad Name"? "Livin' on a Prayer"? "Social Disease"? "Without Love"? The whole damn album? Again, good luck and stay in touch.

Goldilocks

OMG....I am so happy for you....See you in Mexico in 2016....We will also be heading that way....Godspeed to you and your new Bride.....How romantic.....And best of all, no peak 2013!!!!

thedownhillEXPRESS

I got married 2 weeks ago to a wonderful lady I dated in college 31 years ago. She found me on Facebook in April and it's been a whirlwind romance. We decided to end our "careers" and see where the day takes us in Mexico. Today, the 6th of September, 2013, was my last day. Tying up some loose ends then heading south. The only thing I want to think about with FedEx in the future is whether my pension check has been deposited. It's very much like being a kid in a home with a bully father, and finally able to leave home for good. I once told a new manager she'd have to make moral compromises as a mgr for FedEx. I've often wondered in the 5 years since if she's ever thought about that. But I digress. Good luck everyone, I may read this forum from time to time, but I'm not going to linger. Best wishes!

Good luck Van.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Good Luck and you won't regret leaving FedEx.

Send Fred a "nice" email while you're at it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Bravo Zulu!!

fedupped

Congrats, kids and family hold me from ever considering this kind of drop out. How much does it take to make such a move comfortably..low to mid 6 figures?

55+

Congratulations on both your new relationship and your new life ..I can tell you from experience having been retired now for almost 3 months that you won't miss fedex one dam bit ..

overflowed

Wonderful news Van. Congratulations on your new bride and congrats on a new life in a new country. When I read your news I thought of the ending scene in Shawshank Redemption, don't know why. So I bid you farewell and leave you with a quote from that movie. "You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory.”
Buena suerte! Be always easy bro

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Mexico? Is the Mrs. Mexican? Do you have the proper paperwork? Wouldn't want you to be an "illegal American."
Anywhooo ... anyone that leaves FedEx, I wish them the best. Hopefully she will make you smile more. Good luck.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mexico? Is the Mrs. Mexican? Do you have the proper paperwork? Wouldn't want you to be an "illegal American."
Anywhooo ... anyone that leaves FedEx, I wish them the best. Hopefully she will make you smile more. Good luck.

I just hope the Mrs. is conservative like van. Don't want to be arguing politics with the missus, right? On paper, FedEx is saying "Good, we are rid of another long-term employee", but in reality it will take 2 or 3 new people to replace van. If you've been reading his posts long enough, his work ethic is very evident. Even though he despised what FedEx was doing to employees, he always gave 110%. New people aren't going to do that...they will walk. I know he's already about 100 times happier, and to reconnect with an old flame makes it even sweeter. Adios, amigo.

Goldilocks

I just hope the Mrs. is conservative like van. Don't want to be arguing politics with the missus, right? On paper, FedEx is saying "Good, we are rid of another long-term employee", but in reality it will take 2 or 3 new people to replace van. If you've been reading his posts long enough, his work ethic is very evident. Even though he despised what FedEx was doing to employees, he always gave 110%. New people aren't going to do that...they will walk. I know he's already about 100 times happier, and to reconnect with an old flame makes it even sweeter. Adios, amigo.

AHHH, nice to see your soft side. Even Democrats have a soft side for their fellow Republicans....

fedupped

Cmon already!!! Free yourself.