from local 493 termination issue

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I don't believe you. But....

Your steward should've stopped the manager the second he asked that first question. You were fired for insubordination, right? His question had nothing to do with that.

Then you come on here posting the story. The story reads you first tell the truth, then make up a story and tell a lie (which is you apologizing for lying, because according to you, it's the truth). You better hope they don't read this thread...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So we went back into the office, I proceeded to then apologize to the manger for "lieing" and told him I said it.

The union rep told me that he supposedly talked to everyone in my work area and said that they all said that I have said this to her. Which is BullS*it

So.... the Union Rep is lying.

It sounds like he asked you, to just be honest.... and you dropped the ball.

Words.... can provide you with an opportunity to seek other employment.

( I really shouldn't have to quote myself )

Proven dishonesty, and stealing.... are the two things....

You don't get your job back for.

Everything else.... is negotiable.

Now, you have met one.

-Bug-

C

chuchu

i said "lieing" because he wanted me to admit to it even tho I know i didnt even say it to begin with.
You should have never agreed to lie in that hearing.

No matter what anybody else tells you to do you always should tell the truth. Make them prove that you said that word.

Where are your statement from your coworkers!!??

What a mess.

PT Car Washer

I know you do not want to through away 7 years of seniority, but never try to get over on a ****.

Moderated {Please do not use work-arounds to get around banned words.}

Last edited by a moderator:

QKRSTKR

Sounds like your business rep is opposite of ****. Never ever change your story. Like Big Union said, one quick way to get fired is being dishonest/lying. Especially in a meeting or hearing.

Moderated {Please do not use work-arounds to get around banned words.}

buster401

You have to get the person you were working with as your witness. Your steward should've stopped the meeting until the business agent was present. I think you should be safe brother. Sounds like a he said she said type of deal.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
i was being honest when I said i didnt say it.
i said "lieing" because he wanted me to admit to it even tho I know i didnt even say it to begin with.

Then why.... change your story.... in front of the company ??

Where are your statement from your coworkers ?

It's my guess.... the OP's business agent did interview his co-workers.

Sounds like a he said she said type of deal.

It might have been.

It could have been.... the "heat of the moment".

Now.... it's a different situation.

-Bug-

barnyard

KTM rider
Sounds like you may not be very well liked in your work area and your coworkers would rather not have you back. This could end poorly for you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds like you may not be very well liked in your work area and your coworkers would rather not have you back. This could end poorly for you.

This has already ended poorly for him.

Can you imagine his next job interview? "Ah, RB, why were you let go from your previous employer?" "I called a co-worker a :censored2:". "Ah---we'll get back to you".

stink219

You have to get the person you were working with as your witness. Your steward should've stopped the meeting until the business agent was present. I think you should be safe brother. Sounds like a he said she said type of deal.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Are you really suggesting that the steward stop the disciplinary meeting?

There is little loyalty in today's society. If you can turn your back on your brother then how can anyone trust you.

C

chuchu

This has already ended poorly for him.

Can you imagine his next job interview? "Ah, RB, why were you let go from your previous employer?" "I called a co-worker a c*nt". "Ah---we'll get back to you".
Your opinion. It's over when it's over even when it looks bad.
But.....
changing your story to admit guilt is a really bad move if you didn't say it.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In the nicest way I can possible say this, you're a mess my friend. Why in the world would you change your story? Regardless of what anyone says? Please don't tell me you're over 25 yrs old, because you should know better to always stick to your story, regardless of what you might think will happen if you do; 9th grade government class.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You keep mentioning "union rep", can you please define that? Steward or BA? A lot of shop stewards aren't bright, much less educated. So taking any advices from any shop stewards is just asking for some serious trouble. About the part where I said a lot of shop stewards are not too bright, I don't care about any negative replies I get back from anyone as a result of me saying that, but it's the honest to god truth.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You confessed to something you didn't do ???? You might not be bright enough to load the trucks.
I agreed....you've worked here for 7 years....how do you not know the games that management plays by now? You never, ever admit to something you didn't do.....and don't ever admit to lying.

I don't entirely believe your story. To be fired for this, you must be a discipline problem, or had issues with this coworker before. I have had plenty of derogatory names slip out of my mouth at work in a moment of anger or frustration. I have also been called a B by a few male coworkers over the years...I suppose I could have made a federal case of of it, but I'm not like that. And to be fair, in the moment it was said, I probably deserved it. You called her a C, or said that word to a coworker in reference to her and she heard it. Fine...it happens. But unless it was caught on video, it's still your word against hers....so deny it if you want but don't change your story halfway through just to save your job.

Last edited: