from local 493 termination issue

Nimnim

The Nim
I've already said my position on how the punishment should have gone, but if it has gone this far, you're screwed with your actions.

If you said it and people could verify you said it, as alluded to with the union rep talking to people but not presenting it, then you should have admitted you were upset and in the heat of the moment your emotions got the best of you and you regret it while begging for forgiveness.

If you really did not say it, then you stick to that. Claim people misheard or whatever, but your word is your word and until you show it to be untrustworthy by changing your story that is your best chance.

I was once misheard and disciplined for "language" even though I never said what was claimed. I never changed my story, and at most I'd admit that what I said could be seen as unprofessional, but that is not a cardinal offense, and even if they tried to fire me over it I would not change my story. I said what I said, it might have been inappropriate, but if I ever changed my story about what I said I'd be violating my personal integrity and opening myself for discipline from dishonesty.

As your story has gone, someone claimed you said something you didn't, then when a meeting about it happened you said one thing then another. I don't care if your union rep convinced you to change your story, management will have on record with the meeting that you changed your story and you'll be hung out to dry.

yeah i am defiantly going to stick to my guns and continue to be honest with myself and know 100% that I didnt say it and have continually have been trying to get ahold of the employee who was working next to me that day who knows i never said it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
yeah i am defiantly going to stick to my guns and continue to be honest with myself and know 100% that I didnt say it and have continually have been trying to get ahold of the employee who was working next to me that day who knows i never said it.
A little too late now isn't it? You said you didn't say it...then you were in a meeting with your steward and management and said that you did say it. How can you reverse yourself AGAIN and still have a shred of credibility?? Hear that sound? That's 7 years of loading trucks down the drain.

C

chuchu

Another member is already using your south park avatar....so you're sexist and unoriginal...apparently.

Sent using Fedex Ground
The pupil positioning is different (if you look hard) one set to the right and one straight ahead. That help? ;)

rpoz11

Ok, so where exactly are you right now with all of this in relationship to Company/Union representations and meetings on your matter here?

I have a few questions for you :
How big is your work area?
How many bargaining members and supervision people work and were present in the direct area on the day of question here?
Is your work area balanced with equal numbers of men & women workers?
Within the last 9 months prior to the affected date in question, have you had any other disciplinary action against you?
In the last 9 months, prior to your affected date, has anyone else been written up, terminated, disciplined, or any other issues within your immediate workgroup, towards anything of the same accusations being addressed upon you?

I'm looking for a fair disciplinary process within your workgroup and fair processes received from your supervision group.
Have you ever been over managed, over supervised, or harassed by the same supervisory person within the last 9 months?

What is the supervisors history with bargaining members in your area?

And just for the sake of asking...
How close to you was the so-called witness in your work area at the time in question?
Maybe... just maybe you were talking to yourself.
So then, your words were directed to within yourself, and towards no one else.

Last edited: