Fruity Day? 3-26-09

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Did anyone else today get slammed with harry and David?
Ihad about 25 stops just with them.
Also a lot of the boxes had messages that said Merry Christmas.

Fruit of the month is a popular Christmas gift, especially with the elderly.
Wasn't today on my route, but when there's one there's ten.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
Harry & David is pure evil during the peak...especially when people get upset when we have to sheet them as emergency conditions when the roads are not safe. It's just fruit for pete's sake.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Most of the time I see pears on the side of these boxes. I was surprised to see a box of pineapples today.

browniehound

Did anyone else today get slammed with harry and David?
Ihad about 25 stops just with them.
Also a lot of the boxes had messages that said Merry Christmas.

Yes. I found it amusing that a "Merry Christmas" note was printed on each box.

I believe its a gift that the recipient recieves every month. However, the prior months didn't have the "X-mas" greeting and it was a box of pears last month. They actually looked tasty last month. The boxes we delivered yesterday were not as attractive if this matters to anyone.

If someone actually sent me fruit 12 times a year as a gift, I think I would tell them to keep it for themselves. LOL. I'd rather get nothing from somebody than have them embarasss themselves by giving me fruit that is just going to rot on my table.

I'm kidding. It the thought that counts and the fruit is a gift that keeps on giving.

upsgrunt

The pears we get to deliver around here in December and January are basically a box of rocks by the time they get to the consignees. I always wondered if they were any good after they thawed out.

upser_J

Just deliver the fruit with a smile. Never ever squeeze a fruit though!:happy-very:
i love harry and david boxes, as a pick off anything with an amusing message on the box is always welcome :happy2:. two years ago i had a contest with the pick off from another shift over who could find the funniest message, it was a great time. Saw a few messages that had something to do with pears, so they must be the popular fruit... merry christmas haha

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
What's funny is that I did notice we had a lot of H & D. The boxs were differently shaped then usual. On the side said fresh pineapple. Must be pineapple season !