Full time to part time

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Family reasons, I also do mission work. Also love my famy more than I love long hours.
Lol

Sorry but you had to know what you were getting into. Plus if you get on the 9.5 it isn't so bad. You just sacrifice evening time for morning time. Get up and have breakfast as a family instead of dinner.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Fake a seizure.
200.gif
200.gif

By The Book

On my current 22.3 bid .
I have rarely worked a full shift .
Just this past week my first half sup asked if I would like to go home.
My second half shift is always asking me if I would like to go home .
Haven't done a 40 hrs week yet this year .
Do you not have an 8 hr. gaurantee? If so, stay and get paid.

By The Book

Are there any rules as far as going out blind? I'm willing to go out blind and learn routes on my own but I'm sure I'll ruin their "numbers". Don't really want to get on the :censored2: list but I'm running out of options. I've told them multiple times that I need to work and can't afford to keep going home. I have a 5 year old and a 6 week old at home that I need to provide for.
Do they tell you you can't because of area knowledge(not having any)? How many drivers are below you in seniority?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The rule for going out blind is when you don't mind doing it, they are going to stick you on the same routes. When you don't want to go out blind, guess what? You'll need a Braille diad.

Wilp

Do they tell you you can't because of area knowledge(not having any)? How many drivers are below you in seniority?

They haven't told me anything as far as going out blind. I believe there is only 1 guy below me seniority wise. I made my 30 days 8/2014 and was on the same route until October. that route went up for bid and since then I have only been trained on 2 other routes. During Peak I was doing what we call "junk" routes which is just a mix of overflow from other routes. I spoke to my On Road Monday and told him I have to work. He gave me the "let me see what I can figure out."

Insaneasylum

They haven't told me anything as far as going out blind. I believe there is only 1 guy below me seniority wise. I made my 30 days 8/2014 and was on the same route until October. that route went up for bid and since then I have only been trained on 2 other routes. During Peak I was doing what we call "junk" routes which is just a mix of overflow from other routes. I spoke to my On Road Monday and told him I have to work. He gave me the "let me see what I can figure out."
Cannt you bump inside? I'm near the bottom of the feeder driver list so I watch the vacation list. When there is less than 5 people on vac the next week I let them know I'm bumping in side. Been doing that for 2 weeks now.

By The Book

Sounds like the lower drivers on the list are scheduled layoff. If you don't work all week you may be able to bump inside and double shift to get your 8. I don't know how long you've been at ups but you may use vacation to hold you over as well.