Gap Reports

SmithBarney

They tried that here for a while, but CRRs thought the numbers were messed up.
The "time" allowance between stops was screwed up. If you request a sit down with your manager
have them open the GAP report and they will be able to click between stops, the system will use bing maps or something like that to show directions etc... we found that many of the "large" gaps were incorrect because bing maps had drivers making illegal L turns or going the wrong way down one way streets... they stopped requesting signatures. That being said, the gap report is a pretty good tool when used(not abused) correctly. At the very least you are making your manager WORK for that signature and making them prove that you aren't working fast enough.

BigTex61

At our station, the d.r.a. mapping and gap report are infallible, God inspired, perfection. Even if you make your return to bldg time, we have to sign stuff if we didn't make our stops per hour under s.r.a. It's a freaking joke. Dra doesn't factor in alot of variables were held accountable for.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There is a GAP report sitting on my seat almost every day when I get in. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. I sign and give it back. Not concerned.

Maui

I always had the drivers sign everyday, whether they made goal or not. I just used it as an information tool mostly.

The GAP tolerance is set by management. We mostly just used the SPH for a given time period <1200, 1200-1500, >1500 to set the tolerance. If the SPH were 15, then there would be a tolerance of 4 minutes. This is just a guideline though as some stops go quickly and some take a lot longer. Unless there are ridiculous gaps, then I would not be concerned as a driver or as a manager.

I don't know how your managers take it, but we were required to access GAP reports certain number of times so it was easier to just print them all. Mostly, access is a pain for the manager too.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I put mine in a very special file.

21c091582d4b80b65ef6494b9af1049c.png

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There is a GAP report sitting on my seat almost every day when I get in. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. I sign and give it back. Not concerned.

There ya go. A gap report shows your performance for that one day. Signing it acknowledges that you saw the report. Nothing more and nothing less. I'm in favor of them if for no other reason than some couriers start the histrionic reactions and spaz out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There ya go. A gap report shows your performance for that one day. Signing it acknowledges that you saw the report. Nothing more and nothing less. I'm in favor of them if for no other reason than some couriers start the histrionic reactions and spaz out.

Hey shill!! If it's informational, why sign it at all? No, the only reason this company has you sign any document is so it can be used against you later, if necessary. How many times are employess forced to sign something they don't want to under threat of a letter? All the time.

Now, go back to stocking Matt's Gulfstream and get off your knees.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
All I had to do was mention histrionics and spazzing out and this...

Hey shill!! If it's informational, why sign it at all? No, the only reason this company has you sign any document is so it can be used against you later, if necessary. How many times are employess forced to sign something they don't want to under threat of a letter? All the time.

...drops from the cybercloud!!

You have an oral fixation and have been divorced. Hmmm.

JoeVser

MTIII has a Gulfstream?

bbsam

Staff member

That doesn't make much sense. We have "business discussions" all the time and we aren't even given the opportunity to sign them. Point being, such documentation will stand whether one signs them or not. I usually contact "contractor relations" and complain to them, not because it does any good, just because I want to get my side of the story on record.

BrownMeetPurple

The reason behind signing a document is to document that the employee has seen it. Other than that, what good reason do you guys have for us to sign a million papers?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All I had to do was mention histrionics and spazzing out and this...

...drops from the cybercloud!!

You have an oral fixation and have been divorced. Hmmm.

Good attempt to derail, but let's get back on-topic. Gap Reports are micromanagement, plain and simple. Fred wants stellar performance from people to whom he is willing to pay the princely sum of $15-$17 per hour. Sorry, but few people are willing to run themselves ragged for that kind of money.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We get them just about everyday. I just sign and forget. I highly doubt management even keeps them in any sort of file. I mean, we have a whole section of the warehouse fenced off just to keep a years worth of time cards. If they actually saved these two page gap reports for any length of time, it would occupy a whole lot of room somewhere in the sta.

CJinx

We get them just about everyday. I just sign and forget. I highly doubt management even keeps them in any sort of file. I mean, we have a whole section of the warehouse fenced off just to keep a years worth of time cards. If they actually saved these two page gap reports for any length of time, it would occupy a whole lot of room somewhere in the sta.
We keep a year's worth of paperwork at any given time, anything older gets digitally filed and then the physical paperwork gets shipped off elsewhere.