Gas Prices

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Actually, they don't do particularly well in the snow compared to other front-wheel drive cars because a lot of that additional weight is over the rear wheels (under the back seat and trunk) instead of being over the front wheels where you want it for maximum traction. Not an issue for me, I have tire chains for mine in case of emergency but if there is any snow on the ground at all I leave it parked and fire up my 1996 friend-250 4x4 instead.
I am having a hard time picturing a Prius with chains on.

I'm guessing lower-profile cable chains.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am having a hard time picturing a Prius with chains on.
The chains I have for mine are a "quick fit" design that uses a steel cable hoop for the back side of the tire. The links are small, not much bigger than the ones on a chain that you would tie a small dog out with. They are specifically designed for compact cars and don't look anything like the ones you see on semi trucks or UPS package cars.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm guessing lower-profile cable chains.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1425347924.910918.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Several existing pipelines have been upgraded to handle the influx which the Keystone pipeline would have received . Along with some new pipelines which did not require WH approval .

BrownArmy

I guess I don't consider $3.34 very low(today's Valero quote).......I do remember that when Obama took over it was $1.83

You do realize that whatever President is in office has close to zero influence on the gas prices, right?

That's almost like blaming Bush for 9/11.

Makes no sense, right?

Right?

rod

Retired 22 years
Its like a damn yo-yo around here. The oil companies are running out of places to store their excess crude oil. I'm sure they have their off shore bank accounts almost maxed out too.

bbsam

Staff member
I guess I don't consider $3.34 very low(today's Valero quote).......I do remember that when Obama took over it was $1.83
And the stock market and the rest of the economy tanked before he took office too...why do you always forget that pertinent fact?

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
And the stock market and the rest of the economy tanked before he took office too...why do you always forget that pertinent fact?
Cause all that mattered to her was the price of a gallon on gas...Never mind that her personal investments went down the toilet..the price of gas is that all that mattered...