Gas up again!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You poor guys! Gas, Gas, Gas!!! I say, invest in a bike or a hybrid, or something that will keep you from throwing all of your money into your tank. I went to the gym today, on my bike. 21 miles roundtrip. On the way home, some geezer, (should post his name and phone number on here, for pay back), didn't yield the right of way to me. I almost T-Boned him on my 20lbs, wet, bicycle. I locked em up, fell, and slid to within inches of my life. All because Grandpa wanted to get to I.H.O.P. quickly, so he wouldn't starve to death. Meanwhile, Grandpa weighed in excess of 230lbs, and I'm being nice here. So here I am, writing this post with road rash on my upper thigh and front of my lower leg. Moral of this story? Never assume they see you. Assume they are idiots and yield to them. Better to suck it in and live another day. Yes, I'll still be riding my bike. I will be more cautious though. Funny though, no matter how fast/slow I go.....I still get the same MPG.:happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
pp from dc,
You need to stop what you are doing, I just deleted that last post. If you can't think of something better to post, don't bother. The stalking other members bit needs to end.

rod

Retired 22 years
pp from dc,
You need to stop what you are doing, I just deleted that last post. If you can't think of something better to post, don't bother.

Maybe the Brown Cafe needs another new catagory called -Posts that the moderators have deleted. That way those that wanted to see what all the commotion was about could and if you are one of the "frail, goodie goodie, embarrass easily, Nancy boys" you wouldn't have to open it up. :happy2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
rod,
we do have a mod thread for that, but it is not public. This site has an "Ignore" feature that you can set. If you don't like another member, go to your member control panel and type in that member's name in the Ignore feature. That will block that member's posts from showing up on your computer. It is not used that much and it would solve a lot of conflicts here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scratch, my son and I were just having lunch at 99 and CNN was reporting that a Metro gas station in Atlanta raised it prices from $3.59/gal to $4.95/gal is just a few hours. Tell me that's not price gouging.

BTW, his girlfriends' father, who was my on-car here, works at corporate.

dragracer66

You poor guys! Gas, Gas, Gas!!! I say, invest in a bike or a hybrid, or something that will keep you from throwing all of your money into your tank. I went to the gym today, on my bike. 21 miles roundtrip. On the way home, some geezer, (should post his name and phone number on here, for pay back), didn't yield the right of way to me. I almost T-Boned him on my 20lbs, wet, bicycle. I locked em up, fell, and slid to within inches of my life. All because Grandpa wanted to get to I.H.O.P. quickly, so he wouldn't starve to death. Meanwhile, Grandpa weighed in excess of 230lbs, and I'm being nice here. So here I am, writing this post with road rash on my upper thigh and front of my lower leg. Moral of this story? Never assume they see you. Assume they are idiots and yield to them. Better to suck it in and live another day. Yes, I'll still be riding my bike. I will be more cautious though. Funny though, no matter how fast/slow I go.....I still get the same MPG.:happy2:
A bike!!!!!! Wait till you have like 20 years in here. I'm sure most of us here are out of shape, fat middle age men. The only time I touch a bike is when I have move my daughters out of the way so I can get the race car out of the garage. Heck if it was possible I would drive to my mail box. Heck I'm getting tired just typing this!!!!! Oh by the way the $3.11 I said I paid earlier in this thread that same station was $3.39 at 4:30 am this morning!!!!

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, my son and I were just having lunch at 99 and CNN was reporting that a Metro gas station in Atlanta raised it prices from $3.59/gal to $4.95/gal is just a few hours.

Thats the way it was yesterday, till most of the stations ran out of gas. I paid $3.88 at one station for my truck. I contributed to the panic myself by going home and getting my wife's Escape and filling it up too. She went and brought our son home from college for the weekend Thursday and he needs to get back tomorrow, which is a tank of gas. A tank of gas will get me back and forth to work next week. I went to four stations before finding one that had some for $3.95. People are just buying more than usual, and this is what is causing the shortages.

I think I saw today that the refineries in Texas were not severely damaged, so the supply should get back on line soon. I just saw a Shell refinery on TV that was still running, and the ports handling the tankers are in good shape. I have the Plantation Pipeline running through the corner of my property, it runs from the Gulf of Mexico and up the East Coast, with 3000 miles of pipe delivering gas. I think we will see prices come down in a week or so when the supply gets going again. Where I am at, the Governor has to declare a state of emergency before the anti-gouging laws take effect. A few of the gas station owners were prosecuted and had to refund money when they jacked the prices up to five bucks a gallon three years ago when Katrina hit.

rod,
we do have a mod thread for that, but it is not public. This site has an "Ignore" feature that you can set. If you don't like another member, go to your member control panel and type in that member's name in the Ignore feature. That will block that member's posts from showing up on your computer. It is not used that much and it would solve a lot of conflicts here.

If everybody blocked everyone they didn`t like on here the screen would be blank.

rod

Retired 22 years
rod,

Heck - I don't want an "ignore button" -- I want a "see everything" button like you guys have:peaceful:

LiL"Comet"

Yesterday when I left for work at 3:45 pm Inlges (where I normally get my gas not anymore &*%&%^) gas was $$$4.75 I was absolutely irate. Next store $4.65 then $4.50 its a dam shame these a$$holes get there money even before we do by us paying there salaries and they let this bull crap happen. I was so mad I just wanted to stop at some Advance Auto or something by a marker to write obscenities all over my car windows:angry:. Its ridiculous I wish something would be done about it by our fearless leaders..

(alarm clock) Wow I was dreaming about our law makers holding these accountable and actually doing something for a change.

Oh if you were wondering were NC

iowa boy

Is it just me, or is it really amazing how the price of gas (that is already in the ground and paid for by the retailer), can go up? Ours here went up 20 cents in twelve hours to a whopping (i know) 3.55/gal.

Mike Hawk

The refineries converting oil to gas may be demolished. Interesting only 12 are in the path of this storm!

Gas companys should have insurance and this is really gouging at the very least!

Makes alot of sense to have refinerys near shore! It would make to much sense to Build new ones inland.
Exxon tried to drive their tanker inland to get to the refineries, it didn't go so well so they stick with putting refineries on the shore.