Get ready to pay for Insurance;

UPSGUY72

UPS paid the IBT MILLIONS for control of the pension fund (last contract), and then give up the largest numbers of employees health care funds (this contract). This was a ruse from the start. UPS states that they are going to raise the rates, IBT states we will take over the responsibility of this large groups health coverage , and UPS agrees. Just wondering!

With your rationalization the contract doesn't really exist...

InsideUPS

I have been in a union run health plan for the past 27 years. Have yet to pay a premium and would place a large wager with anyone out there that I will not for the duration of the next contract.

The only issue here is that a Union is about WE...... Can you guarantee that ALL UPS Teamsters will not have to pay a premium? Please understand that I am happy for those that benefit from this agreement...... I simply do not like the divisive techniques that UPS is slowly implementing to divide us as a Union.......

oldupsman

The only issue here is that a Union is about WE...... Can you guarantee that ALL UPS Teamsters will not have to pay a premium? Please understand that I am happy for those that benefit from this agreement...... I simply do not like the divisive techniques that UPS is slowly implementing to divide us as a Union.......

No they cannot guarantee all UPS Teamsters will not pay a premium. More than likely every UPS Teamster will end up paying a premium or have part of
​their raises diverted to health care.