Getting skipped on double shift sign ups.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by uber, Dec 15, 2011.

1. uber

uber Guest

So the past 3 nights I haven't received a call for double shifting for the twilight shift. So, I go to work and find the staffing and found out that employees with less seniority have been working. I talked with a shop steward and got a grievance form. I'm under the impression that I will get paid for time that I was supposed to work and $25 for penalty pay per shift. Am I correct?

2. grgrcr88

grgrcr88 No It's not green grocer!

yes, not sure of the penalty pay though.

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you sign up for double shifting prior to Peak?

4. uber

uber Guest

Yes.

How is that relevant anyway?

5. UpstateNYUPSer

In my center if you don't sign up for double shifting and you are passed over you have no grounds for a grievance.

You signed up, were passed over and therefore have grounds for a grievance.

6. uber

uber Guest

In my local you sign up on a sheet at the guard shack leaving/entering the building. Essentially asks your name, number and seniority date. They call you by order of seniority. I have signed up the past 3 days and haven't received a call despite having significant seniority over some of the people that were called.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

8. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

It's different at my hub. There's no signup sheet. The overnight hub manager goes to each trailer and just asks if we want to double or not

9. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Even then, seniority rules for extra work.

10. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

They've asked me every night this peak, except Fri nights. I've only done a few though