Give your new manager the "silent treatment"

diesel96

This is where you and I differ Lifer....If I'm "under the radar" and have no service failures, performance or safety issues, just leave me alone.(unless you want to ride motorcycles on the weekend or have a beer after work) If most can "self manage" themselves don't jinx them by talking to them. Using a baseball analogy, sort of like a pitcher hurling a no hitter. Nobody, and I mean nobody sits next to him or talks to him during his streak. That goes for players and managers. So be glad of the "under the radar drivers" and don't concern yourself with them, cause there is other fish to fry. JMPO:peaceful:

BSUUPS said:
[You are in fact doint the new manager a favor...I have been assigned 3 centers (each one a clean up job) since being a center manager -

BSUUPS= Victor "The Cleaner" (Harvey Keitel) Pulp Fiction and The Point of No Return. Leave the siliencer and acid at home...no wonder know wants to talk to you....lol

UPS Lifer

diesel,
This is what communication is all about. If I came up to you and thanked you for the job you do and you told me not to bother you than I would not bother you. I would probably say OK, just remember that I really do appreciate your effort.

I had a driver actually tell me that he feared the recognition process and to never mention him or give him an award in front of the group. He was the senior driver in the center. I respected his wishes. Even though other drivers wondered why I didn't recognize him during important milestones.

I would go to him with no one around and let him know how I felt. He was OK with that.

If we didn't communicate, I would not know that and could not treat him the way he wanted to be treated. So I still disagree! It is the mark of a poor manager not to get to know his/her people. !!!!

dillweed

I certainly like to stay off the radar and wouldn't even think of complaining or kissing up to a new center manager. Any info I need to convey goes to my immediate sup and if they don't act, the chips fall where they may.

If the center manager gets involved and my butt's covered. Seems to work pretty well at my center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I still don't see the problem with simply walking up to him/her, introducing yourself, welcoming him/her to the center, if you choose, and then going on your way. It's called common courtesy.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wait until all the suckups air all their grievances with the new center manager, like it will really make a diifference. Then I introduce myself at a later day, to the new guy/girl Its welcome by that time. As I wont whine, or carry on as some drivers will, just simply "welcome" . From then on, I stay under the radar, other than being constantly over, Im on no other reports. So they at present pretty much leave me alone. Not so in the past, but at present, but could change any time. I try to talk to my sup about problems, but they cant/wont/dont understand the problems, so lately I just save my breathe for my 11 hr beating. And take long weekends.