Give your new manager the "silent treatment"

Griff

I am back.
(no pun intended on the spine thing, well maybe.)
No therapy needed for you, Grifter.
All of us save old grievance forms to build a soap box to stand on.
Do you carry pictures of them in your wallet to impress family and friends?
Might you consider having them bronzed?
Display them on the walls of your home with pride.
This way future generations can gaze in wide wonder at how a spine is forged.
I do not know how many cereal box tops you had to send in to get your chiropractic license, but I can tell you it was a good waste of a stamp to send them in.
It is easy for most readers of your posts to realize that you do have a spine, without looking at an X-ray of your back.
It is obvious that your head bone is directly and firmly connected to your tail bone.
Kindest Regards,

I save the stuff for a reason. If you can't figure out why its important to save this kind of documentation, well it just proves my point, you are clueless.

upsgrunt

What if someone were to say, "filing excess grievences is not a good idea and if you can't figure out why, then you are clueless." You would have a field day with that. Why is everything you do right, but whatever someone else does that you don't agree with wrong? We all know you are very comfortable with yourself; maybe it's a little more enamoring than that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know. I can spot someone who won't file a grievance a mile away.

Maybe, just maybe, I have not filed a grievance in my 19 years because I have yet to encounter a situation that I found to be grievable. Any disagreements that I have had with mgt have been resolved through discussion. Now, if a situation did arise that I found to be grievable I would have no hesitation in filing one but I have found that I have been able to work out my disagreements to this point by talking to the person(s) involved.

tieguy

Banned
Actually it doesn't cover it. The fact that I wouldn't help them in their time of need doesn't make me a sociopath or a criminal. I'm simply returning the "favors" and "gestures" shown by them to me over the years.

No need to explain your sick , demented ways. Though I love it when you do so everyone can see what a wacko you really are.

tieguy

Banned
Not the people I've dealt with. They are there for much more than a living, they are there to take out their personal/mental problems on hourly employees. Wife beats them up verbally at home, so they come in and bad mouth drivers all day to make up for being a whipped coward at home. Mostly its just a tough guy thing, willing to go the extra mile to prove that they are tough in the workplace. Whole lot of insecure people in management where I come from and it leads to a dysfunctional work environment with all the oneupsmanship, psychological warfare, empty male posturing done by people who go to seminars to learn how to be an "alpha male". A lot of these internal problems could be avoided if UPS sent their management team to something useful -- like a seminar on the contract that they signed with the Teamsters.

LOL and you are better then they are because you believe in stepping over them if you ever see them undergo a medical emergency? Sounds to me like you could teach management a thing or too about being an ass.

tieguy

Banned
How exactly am I acting tough? Am I challenging you to a sword duel infront of your building tomorrow morning? Am I talking about how much I bench press or how many 70+'ers I had today?

Two full paper boxes full of grievance paperwork dating back 7 years is the definition of a spine when it comes to this company. Who is the owner of these boxes, I'll give you a hint -- it's not you.

What have you done lately besides relentlessly stalk my posts with mindless banter? I'm starting to think you're just a troll username for a regular member. Your infatuation with me is rather worrying.

Two full boxes of grievances equate to a lot of personal time spent plotting your grievances.

Hey griff want to go see the phillies play tonight. No guy I think I'll go home and write out some more grievances.

UPS owns you griffster.

Last edited:

Griff

Two full boxes of grievances equate to a lot of personal time spent plotting your grievances.

Hey griff want to go see the phillies play tonight. No guy I think I'll go home and write out some more grievances.

UPS owns you griffster.

The majority of my grievances are filled out on company time. (Yes, I'm stealing time again!) Thanks for your concern though.

Griff

Maybe, just maybe, I have not filed a grievance in my 19 years because I have yet to encounter a situation that I found to be grievable. Any disagreements that I have had with mgt have been resolved through discussion. Now, if a situation did arise that I found to be grievable I would have no hesitation in filing one but I have found that I have been able to work out my disagreements to this point by talking to the person(s) involved.

19 years at this company and you've never seen a supervisor working?

I'm not going to grieve a PT sup loading, he/she isn't doing my job. IMO that is the right of the preloader. Now if I wanted to come in early and work on the preload, then I might feel different about it, but I don't. Usually when I feel I would be justified in filing, I assess the situation to figure out what the final out come will be and if it is worth my time and trouble to file. Usually it isn't. This doesn't make me less of a man (rolling eyes) nor a sheep (baa, baaa, baaa) but someone that picks battles personally worth fighting.

Other than that, I don't have anything else to say.

yet.

Screw with the truth? Filing a grievance does give me an upper hand, it's an important documentation of events. It shows you are exhausting the framework the union gives you to settle workplace problems.

I meant skew the truth, not screw the truth...I had documentation everytime I worked as a pt supe because I always submitted a timecard for myself. By the way, if I have an employee watching me boxline for 5 minutes, that is training not a supe working. Give me an example of an issue you need to file multiple grievances for. :greedy:

New Englander

Does anyone actually and honestly believe "Griff" acts this way in person. Has actually filed that many grievance's?
Seriously people, the Internet gives someone who lacks the intestinal fortitude in real life a perfect outlet to create their alter ego. We know "Griff" does like those Batman movies.

I would guess "Griff" is one of those negative drivers every center has that complains and cries quietly to his fellow drivers about everything. Yet when push comes to shove......they don't do anything.

Welcome the Internet........

Griff

Not to the extent that I thought it grievable.

What's it going to take? Your center manager coming out during the PCM and telling everyone to go home and watching the fleet of trucks go out manned by people in suits and black golf shirts? You've just admitted that you've seen supervisors working, you gave no real specifics on the situation surrounding it, but chances are it was grievable. Since you're one of these cunning linguists on this forum who claim to get more done through conversation, did you mention to the supervisor that if he wants to do that he should start paying union dues??? I'll put my money down on a resounding NO.

Griff

Does anyone actually and honestly believe "Griff" acts this way in person. Has actually filed that many grievance's?
Seriously people, the Internet gives someone who lacks the intestinal fortitude in real life a perfect outlet to create their alter ego. We know "Griff" does like those Batman movies.

I would guess "Griff" is one of those negative drivers every center has that complains and cries quietly to his fellow drivers about everything. Yet when push comes to shove......they don't do anything.

Welcome the Internet........

This boring story has already been talked about by UPS Nolifer and Lieguy. You're a day late and a dollar short. I guess this is your way of comforting yourself, believing that no way there is someone like me out there in UPS land. It must feel nice having the pennyloafers of your boss trample your lifeless and mindless body Monday through Friday.

New Englander

This boring story has already been talked about by UPS Nolifer and Lieguy. You're a day late and a dollar short. I guess this is your way of comforting yourself, believing that no way there is someone like me out there in UPS land. It must feel nice having the pennyloafers of your boss trample your lifeless and mindless body Monday through Friday.

"Griff" thats the enjoyable thing here. You can pretend to be anything you want. Your a perfect example of that.

You are one of those drivers. One of the ones that their entire life is filled with negativity.
Don't you understand most of us don't like listening to the crap and the only reason we ever do is because we got cornered and couldn't avoid you. Or we sacrificed another driver as a blocker?

Griff

"Griff" thats the enjoyable thing here. You can pretend to be anything you want. Your a perfect example of that.

You are one of those drivers. One of the ones that their entire life is filled with negativity.
Don't you understand most of us don't like listening to the crap and the only reason we ever do is because we got cornered and couldn't avoid you. Or we sacrificed another driver as a blocker?

I stopped trying to win people over to the union side of things awhile ago. It's a winless battle because people like you are born scared. I lead by example, some people want to defend the contract and others do not. I think we all know where you fall under that issue.

New Englander

I stopped trying to win people over to the union side of things awhile ago. It's a winless battle because people like you are born scared. I lead by example, some people want to defend the contract and others do not. I think we all know where you fall under that issue.

Glad though that you've let us in on another tidbit of your alter ego - that the Union members of your center feel the same way as most of us....rather then rally behind you they prefer to avoid you.

You go girl!