Give your new manager the "silent treatment"

Griff

Glad though that you've let us in on another tidbit of your alter ego - that the Union members of your center feel the same way as most of us....rather then rally behind you they prefer to avoid you.

You go girl!

It's more of a telling tale that I'm actually telling the truth on these boards. I'm loved by some and hated by most. That's the case in my center and certainly the case here. The feedback I get on this site is very, very predictable.

Screw with the truth? Filing a grievance does give me an upper hand, it's an important documentation of events. It shows you are exhausting the framework the union gives you to settle workplace problems.

I meant skew the truth, not screw the truth...I had documentation everytime I worked as a pt supe because I always submitted a timecard for myself. By the way, if I have an employee watching me boxline for 5 minutes, that is training not a supe working. Give me an example of an issue you need to file multiple grievances for. :greedy:

New Englander

It's more of a telling tale that I'm actually telling the truth on these boards. I'm loved by some and hated by most. That's the case in my center and certainly the case here. The feedback I get on this site is very, very predictable.

Yeah Griff it's a telling tale lol. Just like we can verify your collection of papers we can verify your loving fans.

You keep telling yourself that.

tieguy

Banned
What's it going to take? Your center manager coming out during the PCM and telling everyone to go home and watching the fleet of trucks go out manned by people in suits and black golf shirts? You've just admitted that you've seen supervisors working, you gave no real specifics on the situation surrounding it, but chances are it was grievable. Since you're one of these cunning linguists on this forum who claim to get more done through conversation, did you mention to the supervisor that if he wants to do that he should start paying union dues??? I'll put my money down on a resounding NO.

Everyone commend griff. He thinks he developed a funny new expression with cunning linguist. Todays word is cunning linguist everyone use it in honor of Griffs almost accomplishment. Griff is a very sad defensive character and needs some support. Griff congratulations on your use of cunning linguist. You were almost a cunning linguist in using it. :happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
This boring story has already been talked about by UPS Nolifer and Lieguy. You're a day late and a dollar short. I guess this is your way of comforting yourself, believing that no way there is someone like me out there in UPS land. It must feel nice having the pennyloafers of your boss trample your lifeless and mindless body Monday through Friday.

my look at all the expressions and drama in one griff post. Griff you really are a plagerizing cunning linguist.

What's it going to take? Your center manager coming out during the PCM and telling everyone to go home and watching the fleet of trucks go out manned by people in suits and black golf shirts?

That's pretty much what I did for a month in '97. What did you do during that month?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not going to grieve a PT sup loading, he/she isn't doing my job. IMO that is the right of the preloader. Now if I wanted to come in early and work on the preload, then I might feel different about it, but I don't. Usually when I feel I would be justified in filing, I assess the situation to figure out what the final out come will be and if it is worth my time and trouble to file. Usually it isn't. This doesn't make me less of a man (rolling eyes) nor a sheep (baa, baaa, baaa) but someone that picks battles personally worth fighting.

Other than that, I don't have anything else to say.

yet.

Nothing else need to be said--you basically covered the subject in one paragraph.

satellitedriver

Yes, it is predictable.
You seem to love to be hated and encourage that behavior.
No therapy needed on your part.
An old adage comes to mind:
"When one person calls you a horses ass, ignore them.
"When five people call you a horses ass, it is time to go shopping for a saddle."

UPS Lifer

Yes, it is predictable.
You seem to love to be hated and encourage that behavior.
No therapy needed on your part.
An old adage comes to mind:
"When one person calls you a horses ass, ignore them.
"When five people call you a horses ass, it is time to go shopping for a saddle."

LOL! :bow:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's pretty much what I did for a month in '97. What did you do during that month?

We were only out of work for 2 weeks and I worked construction for 10 days. As much as I would have liked to have been out there supporting my co-workers there is this little thing called bills and child support that had greater importance for me at that time. My first week I worked 46 hours for a grand total of $253, of which $250 was supposed to go to child support but my ex was kind enough to hand me back $100. This was the hardest 46 hours of work that I had done in quite a long time and it truly made me appreciate UPS. The supervisor on the construction crew jokingly asked me how much I would have made if I had worked 46 hours at UPS and my reply floored him. We received one strike check of $55 which the union basically took back in the form of union dues when we got our first checks after coming back to work.

We were only out of work for 2 weeks and I worked construction for 10 days. As much as I would have liked to have been out there supporting my co-workers there is this little thing called bills and child support that had greater importance for me at that time. My first week I worked 46 hours for a grand total of $253, of which $250 was supposed to go to child support but my ex was kind enough to hand me back $100. This was the hardest 46 hours of work that I had done in quite a long time and it truly made me appreciate UPS. The supervisor on the construction crew jokingly asked me how much I would have made if I had worked 46 hours at UPS and my reply floored him. We received one strike check of $55 which the union basically took back in the form of union dues when we got our first checks after coming back to work.

Wow upstate you had a bad week back then...I got a raise during the strike. 300 bux a week for 3 or 4 weeks. Plus I worked one day at now DHL for another 10 bux an hour.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Back then we didn't have any temp work businesses in our town (Labor Ready?) so there were not a whole lot of options; besides, it did me a lot of good to work that hard so that I would appreciate my job more so when I got back.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back then we didn't have any temp work businesses in our town (Labor Ready?) so there were not a whole lot of options; besides, it did me a lot of good to work that hard so that I would appreciate my job more so when I got back.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: I doubt you been appreciated at anytime in your life- by anyone

I was on the picket line everyday during the strike. Got to watch the sups and a few non union PTers going out in full package cars and return in full package cars. LOL, some of the other strikers would follow the sups to restaurants and such and never saw one delivery attempt. The sups would also move trailers on and off the doors to make it look like we were getting volume moved in and out of the center. Every morning feeder sups would show up with the same trailers they left in the night before. I suppose management really thought we were that stupid, but forgot that we could at least read numbers on the trailers.
We received a strike fund check of $55 also, I gave mine back as I was on comp at the time and never missed a LibMut check.

BSUUPS

You are in fact doint the new manager a favor...I have been assigned 3 centers (each one a clean up job) since being a center manager - I will always assess where and who needs attention first. I always appreciate those that "get it" - solid methods, understand their job, and don't present "self-driven issues"...In my last center I spent 18 months and maybe said 2 words to a driver that had gone 30 years without and injury accident. Never had service issues and his customers loved him, If a topic was brought up in a PCM he employed it....What's a snot nosed new manager gonna say to him anyway???...I think he was fine with me personally, but prefered doing his own thing - I respect under the radar drivers - I wish I had 60 drivers that came in did their jobs and punched out..."giving me the silent treatment". WHAT A DREAM

UPS Lifer

You are in fact doint the new manager a favor...I have been assigned 3 centers (each one a clean up job) since being a center manager - I will always assess where and who needs attention first. I always appreciate those that "get it" - solid methods, understand their job, and don't present "self-driven issues"...In my last center I spent 18 months and maybe said 2 words to a driver that had gone 30 years without and injury accident. Never had service issues and his customers loved him, If a topic was brought up in a PCM he employed it....What's a snot nosed new manager gonna say to him anyway???...I think he was fine with me personally, but prefered doing his own thing - I respect under the radar drivers - I wish I had 60 drivers that came in did their jobs and punched out..."giving me the silent treatment". WHAT A DREAM

This is where you and I differ! Once I realized what type of driver he was I would have walked up to him and let him know how I felt. Everyone needs encouragement especially the drivers that go out there everyday and make your job easier.

I always found this the best part of being a manager. Your day is filled with nothing but the negative. Go out there and make lemonade out of lemon juice. I challenge you to start that on Tuesday!