Global supply chain by Amazon.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well yeah, their costs are extremely cheap. Unless I don't have time, I ship through the post office instead of us. I sent their version of a NDA about 2 months ago, 20 bucks. Couldn't get ground for that price through us.
Like I said talk about antitrust.

Must be nice to have a built in cost of advantage and a monopoly.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The problem is Amazon is losing sight of its core business. Retail is very cut throat. Stocking a package car full of "potential " orders of popular items? That could either be good or bad. The shrink and theft on that using cheap contractors could hurt them.

They'd also need huge trucks to hold that inventory on top of delivering already packed orders. They would be better off opening "Amazon stores" and using that as dispatch sites.

But I guess their profit margins are so huge that they could make this all cost effective. Oh wait....

I agree the package car full of items thing is a little funky. But diversifying isn't a bad thing. With retail being so cuthroat having other areas with a solid stream of revenue is a good thing. Their cloud and webhosting service brings in a ton of money.

Sorry to quote your whole posts I'm being lazy. They wouldn't carry a full inventory. I said hot, targeted items. Like bottled water or Gatorade in the summer. Halloween candy when it's trick or treat. Winter hats or gloves in winter. A friend of mine was "poached" by Amazon from ups. This is what they are planning. It's radical but a little bit genius.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Because we have too much management.
No, we really don't. Myself and the other ORS in my building work at least 12 hours a day. Lets throw the center manager in there for arguments sake, he's around 11 hours a day. If we were drivers and all filed 9.5s that would be another position. That doesn't even include the time we spend on UPS stuff once we walk out the door.

No, we really don't. Myself and the other ORS in my building work at least 12 hours a day. Lets throw the center manager in there for arguments sake, he's around 11 hours a day. If we were drivers and all filed 9.5s that would be another position. That doesn't even include the time we spend on UPS stuff once we walk out the door.
They have cut back a ton on management

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just because you spend 12 hours a day manipulating numbers doesn't mean it is necessary for the good of the company. Love you frig.

Scuba Steve

Oh I understand it's a losing battle.

I also understand it's bull shi

Agreed. A lot of people didn't know that Express packages sent USPS didn't get a Sat delivery up charge either. They even delivered Sunday's in most metro markets before Amazon... They do this for less than UPS ground in some cases.

[QUOTFrigidFTSup, post: 2051455, member: 58894"]As much as people don't like it, we're always going to need management jobs. But technology takes some of the burden off.[/QUOTE]
I've seen how many management jobs that are gone.