Global warming

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So you don't like them because they are republicans who support a libertarian think tank that you think is conservative? That's a home run for a bitter leftist.
Are you just incapable of following the conversation? Or are you trying to deflect and derail by calling me bitter and leftist, of which I am neither.

You dismiss the idea that David Koch, a former libertarian and current republican, is a "shill" for the GOP. I think Ed Crane, one of the founders of the organization you're defending, has more knowledge of the direction the Kochs have taken Cato than you do:
"the move by the Kochs was an attempt to turn Cato into "some sort of auxiliary for the G.O.P.... It's detrimental to Cato, it's detrimental to Koch Industries, it's detrimental to the libertarian movement."

Last edited:

av8torntn

Are you just incapable of following the conversation? Or are you trying to deflect and derail by calling me bitter and leftist, of which I am neither.

You dismiss the idea that David Koch, a former libertarian and current republican, is a "shill" for the GOP. I think Ed Crane, one of the founders of the organization you're defending, has more knowledge of the direction the Kochs have taken Cato than you are:
"the move by the Kochs was an attempt to turn Cato into "some sort of auxiliary for the G.O.P.... It's detrimental to Cato, it's detrimental to Koch Industries, it's detrimental to the libertarian movement."

And that lawsuit did not go to court correct? Ed Crain had to step down from the organization correct?

So while you can only cry and whine about Cato I'm left to guess that you either cannot or you are incapable of addressing any of their positions.

Cute how you accuse me of deflecting be from the issue when you are whining about Cato. And funny.

av8torntn

You dismiss the idea that David Koch, a former libertarian and current republican, is a "shill" for the GOP. I think Ed Crane, one of the founders of the organization you're defending, has more knowledge of the direction the Kochs have taken Cato than you do:

"After the Kochs filed suit, Cato President Ed Crane issued a statement saying, “While (Charles) Koch and entities controlled by him have supported the Cato Institute financially since that time, Mr. Koch and his affiliates have exercised no significant influence over the direction or management of the Cato Institute, or the work done here.”-Ed Crane

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And that lawsuit did not go to court correct? Ed Crain had to step down from the organization correct?
Exactly. The one remaining libertarian founder squared off with the republican Koch brothers, and lost.
It goes back to my original point which we discussed here:
On their website they claim to be a libertarian think tank. Maybe those sneaky libertarians co opted the conservatives. :)
Maybe it's the other way around.

So while you can only cry and whine about Cato I'm left to guess that you either cannot or you are incapable of addressing any of their positions.

Cute how you accuse me of deflecting be from the issue when you are whining about Cato. And funny.
I'm not whining about Cato. You have presented no positions for me to address.
What I find funny is republicans like you who think they're libertarian.

av8torntn

I'm not whining about Cato. You have presented no positions for me to address.
What I find funny is republicans like you who think they're libertarian.

I've posted multiple times on this site that I am not libertarian. Of course it is not surprising that you do not know what you are posting about.

av8torntn

"After the Kochs filed suit, Cato President Ed Crane issued a statement saying, “While (Charles) Koch and entities controlled by him have supported the Cato Institute financially since that time, Mr. Koch and his affiliates have exercised no significant influence over the direction or management of the Cato Institute, or the work done here.”-Ed Crane

Again you said let us use the words of Ed Crane

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Again you said let us use the words of Ed Crane
Sometimes when people are backed into a corner, they say what they really mean.
I think that's exactly what Crane did during the legal battle when he said the Kochs were trying to use Cato as an auxiliary for the GOP.
He can back away from those comments after the fact if he wants to, but he can't take back what he said.

av8torntn

Sometimes when people are backed into a corner, they say what they really mean.
I think that's exactly what Crane did during the legal battle when he said the Kochs were trying to use Cato as an auxiliary for the GOP.
He can back away from those comments after the fact if he wants to, but he can't take back what he said.

So you really do not want to use the words of Ed Crane.

Funny how that works.

av8torntn

You are so stubborn.
If you want to use his own words, here you go, educate yourself:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2...onaire_oil_guys_cato_s_president_speaks_.html

First, it was your I distance to use his words.

Second, your link is to an article explaining how the Koch faction at Cato was in the minority.

So in summary you said use the words of Ed Crane and I quoted him from the time of the lawsuit saying Koch didn't control Cato and then you say we should use an article from slate that says Koch never had enough people on the board affiliated with him to control Cato.

Let me hit you with it again since you haven't been able to comprehend it yet.

“While (Charles) Koch and entities controlled by him have supported the Cato Institute financially since that time, Mr. Koch and his affiliates have exercised no significant influence over the direction or management of the Cato Institute, or the work done here.”-Ed Crane

Your blog interview confirms this quote.

av8torntn

You were talking about CATO before I joined the discussion, then you want to tell me I'm hi-jacking the thread?
Get over yourself.

I responded to another leftists claim that Cato was a conservative organization. You have now spent two pages whining about Cato and trying to fabricate some type of secretive Koch brothers control that has never existed according to all the people that you've said would know. It is so predictable.

Again, I suggest instead of high jacking a global warming thread to whine about Cato you just start one of your own.

Just start your own thread about it and stop trying to high jack this one.