Global warming

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not really. It is very accurate about egotistical people like yourself. You are so much smarter than anyone that disagrees with you. Please. Stay on that high horse oh mighty one.

If u want my opinion about the God part, start a thread about it and I'll respond. This thread is about global warming
Seems to me Carlin wasn't so much denying global warming, as he was denying our ability to stop it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
THAT is what you got out of that video? Really lol? How much alcohol have you had tonight?
He's making fun of the hippie nutjobs and the paranoid "inconvenient truth" believers. He has a point with that, which is why it's funny.
"The planet will be here for a long, long, long time after we’re gone. And it will heal itself. It will cleanse itself, because that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover. The earth will be renewed."
What do you think he means when he says the planet will heal itself? Seems to me he's saying, ya, we're screwing up the planet. And when we fail at fixing our mistakes, the planet will go on fine without us. I don't think he's denying global warming at all, and I don't think he's wrong in assuming we won't be able to stop it. This entire thread is a testament to the fact we're not going to be able to stop it.... lobsters.

Sportello

monthly_ice_NH_09.png

moreluck

golden ticket member
President Obama gave a speech in Washington Monday laying out strict new proposals to help combat global warming. He seems obsessed with weaning the U.S. off fossil-fuel oil and electricity producing coal. All he has to do now is figure out how to make cars run on beautiful pictures of Alaska.

~Argus Hamilton~

MAKAVELI

http://www.inquisitr.com/2326275/egypt-heat-wave-kills-more-as-global-warming-strikes/
On August 7, thousands protested in the streets of Baghdad as electrical power failed amid temperatures soaring to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (50 degrees Celsius). The city of Bandar Mahshahr, Iran, hit a deadly 165 degrees Fahrenheit (73.8 degrees Celsius) – factoring in humidity on the heat index – and won the record for the second highest temperature ever recorded on Earth.

Sportello

Well the author didn't mention Phoenix. He could have written Iran is as cool as Phoenix but he didn't so that cannot really be significant can it?
Well, unless you consider 115*friend cool, and record temps in PHX to be insignificant, I suppose you are somewhat correct. However, if you think 115*friend air temp combined with humidity is cool, I have nothing to say in response. That seems to be what you are saying.

av8torntn

Well, unless you consider 115*friend cool, and record temps in PHX to be insignificant, I suppose you are somewhat correct. However, if you think 115*friend air temp combined with humidity is cool, I have nothing to say in response. That seems to be what you are saying.

So are you really claiming the author used heat index instead of temperature because of Phoenix?

Yes, 115 really isn't that bad in some places. It may surprise you I learn that 115 isn't even close to the highest recorded temperature.

Sportello

So are you really claiming the author used heat index instead of temperature because of Phoenix?
Don't be silly. I never said, nor implied that. You did say that 115* in PHX is cool, in your opinion.

Yes, 115 really isn't that bad in some places. It may surprise you I learn that 115 isn't even close to the highest recorded temperature.
I am full aware of that. It was close to the highest heat index ever recorded, and that was at a lower air temperature.

In any case it was/is quite uncomfortable, and dangerous.