Global warming

rickyb

Jon Schwarz Retweeted
Eric Holthaus ‏@EricHolthaus Jan 14

There is, right now (as of Jan 12th), the least area of sea ice on our planet that we've ever measured—probably the lowest in millennia.

C2INiHWVQAURNsb.jpg

rickyb

2016 was Third Straight Hottest Year on Record | Democracy Now!

Scientists with both NASA and NOAA—the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration—have confirmed 2016 was the hottest year on record, topping the previous record set in 2015, which topped the previous record only one year earlier. This marks the first time in recorded human history that the Earth has smashed temperature records three straight years in a row. Scientists with the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center have also announced global sea ice levels are at their lowest point in recorded human history.

oldngray

nowhere special
2016 was Third Straight Hottest Year on Record | Democracy Now!

Scientists with both NASA and NOAA—the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration—have confirmed 2016 was the hottest year on record, topping the previous record set in 2015, which topped the previous record only one year earlier. This marks the first time in recorded human history that the Earth has smashed temperature records three straight years in a row. Scientists with the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center have also announced global sea ice levels are at their lowest point in recorded human history.

This marks the first time in recorded human history that the Earth has smashed temperature records three straight years in a row.
Absolutely not true.
The first 3 years of recorded human history smashed the records 3 years in a row.

BrownArmy

This marks the first time in recorded human history that the Earth has smashed temperature records three straight years in a row.
Absolutely not true.
The first 3 years of recorded human history smashed the records 3 years in a row.

Source?

Psyche.

There's no source for that.

Seriously?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Source?

Psyche.

There's no source for that.

Seriously?

Facts and science don't matter to them. I love how Trump's appointees were directed to respond that the climate is changing, and some of that change is man-made, but that measure is yet to be determined and requires further research.

I am paraphrasing, but that was the essential answer they all gave.

newfie

Facts and science don't matter to them. I love how Trump's appointees were directed to respond that the climate is changing, and some of that change is man-made, but that measure is yet to be determined and requires further research.

I am paraphrasing, but that was the essential answer they all gave.

yep paraphrasing mixed with complete dishonesty.

did you see the new first family tonight. god they looked good.

wkmac

Hottest year on record, three years in a row.

Probably bad science.

The key word here is "on record." Not contesting the claim but what we overlook is other data using proxies like Oxygen isotopes to also measure temperature and CO2. These proxies found in the Greenland and Anarctic Ice Core samples that date back over 800k years may be confirming a global climate change but it may not be the way many are speaking of it. Looking across an 800k year timeline, we may be about to end the Holocene epoch we've been in the last 12k or so years and returning to a kind of climate that is fairly typical of global climate over the last 800k per some of the ice core data. Also notice the data seems to suggest a cyclic pattern to climate that is fairly consistent over the last 800k years. We don't know what cause the wave form to move up but just a equally troubling for where we could be in that wave right now, what causes the tipping point to shift direction and go down and I mean WAY DOWN?

But even during our current Holocene epoch, many climate shifts have still occurred or in other words, climate change may well be a constant. Man has good reason to not be wreckless and careless with the planet, on that I concur but to narrow the field of view to the last several hundred years while ignoring a vastly larger volume of data IMO is equally foolish if not disingenuous.

Non sequitur

Just address pollutants, and carbon dioxide isn't one of them. Lets use organic everything which is more labor intensive to make but will be a twofer as far as problem solving. The whole global warming is a self immolating earth first religion. If you are a faithful follower you are required to off yourself.