God bless this widow for standing up to UPS

Integrity

Binge Poster
I cant believe this, her husband was killed at work 6 years ago and UPS still has not settled. And wont unless she gives them a gag order, well guess what? I feel like talking about this and other yard control and safety related problems. I encourage others to show support for this woman and the courage she has by posting safety concerns and your opinion on this topic.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/02/widow_of_secaucus_ups_worker_i.html

In my building UPS was just recently fined by OSHA about $50,000 for safety violations, this is the Palatine facilty out of Illinios.
705red,

I agree with you completely and more.!!!

I hope the motive is truth and not more money, but I hope she gets money, lots and lots of money, because that is truly what the corporate executives of UPS care about. They will pay money lots and lots of money to prevent the truth about UPS, the real truth from getting out. The money will never right the wrong that has been done her late husband or her or her children but it will hopefully help protect others as her husband death already has done.

Some Facts regarding UPS and Yard Control Safety Procedures with Integrity

Please feel free to disagree.
Fact 1
This man died what appears to be a horrific, gruesome death in the summer of 2004. He was a low level management person. Anyone around UPS at that time knows that Yard Control Safety was a little known issue and a less enforced practice by anyone in management. Yard Control Safety procedures, as we know them today, appear to be the result of this accident and others like it.

Fact 2
There was a newspaper article around the time of this accident that stated that a UPS representative said that UPS has strictly enforced Yard Safety Rules or Procedures. That just wasn't true in 2004. That statement was a lie. Please help me understand; if UPS did have strictly enforced yard control safety rules or procedures then why was a person responsible for overseeing and enforcing the rules the one to die violating them. I am firmly convinced that this man felt he was doing his job the UPS way. This leads to Fact 3

Fact 3
In 2004 the Yards were out of control. The UPS way is get it done at all costs that was the attitude of the hubs during the operations then and that same attitude is prevalent today, that is except when an audit is coming. On this day in 2004 the cost was very high.

Fact 4
UPS has greatly improved the Yard Safety Control Safety training and procedures but UPS has failed to adequately and uniformly enforce these procedures. The corporate executives know this and encourage this by their lack of integrity.

What am I talking about?

What I am talking about is the deceptive audit culture.(if the shoe doesn't fit please don't get all defensive but if the shoe fits you may want to put it right on) UPS spends countless man hours and dollars covering up what truly goes on at UPS by sending large management groups to prepare and coach and change the very way business is done day after day with the sole purpose of deceiving the group that is doing the audit. This is done with full knowledge of the group doing the audit. This is done with the full knowledge of those who are thumping their chests about the audit results. To the point, this is done with the full knowledge of the highest level of management at UPS. Encouraging this falsification culture only hurts the people who get hurt or killed. This is a shame and a sham.

Fact 4
I am done for now.

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Integrity has a good point regarding audits. We just went through a mock Keter audit and the audit team allowed the center manager to handpick those who would be interviewed. How valid of an assessment is that? Surprisingly we scored 98.4%. I wonder if we will match that next week when the real deal comes through.

local804

UPS did the right thing - offered a settlement.

Who are you to judge is this is the right thing?????????????
Money cant buy you everything and it sure as hell cant buy back a life back. Have you ever lost a loved one? I would live in a box and eat in a homeless shelter to have any of my family back from 6 feet under.

tieguy

Banned
705red,

I hope the motive is truth and not more money, but I hope she gets money, lots and lots of money, because that is truly what the corporate executives of UPS care about. They will pay money lots and lots of money to prevent the truth about UPS, the real truth from getting out. The money will never right the wrong that has been done her late husband or her or her children but it will hopefully help protect others as her husband death already has done.

Fact 1
This man died what appears to be a horrific, gruesome death in the summer of 2004. He was a low level management person. Anyone around UPS at that time knows that Yard Control Safety was a little known issue and a less enforced practice by anyone in management. Yard Control Safety procedures, as we know them today, appear to be the result of this accident and others like it.

Fact 2
There was a newspaper article around the time of this accident that stated that a UPS representative said that UPS has strictly enforced Yard Safety Rules or Procedures. That just wasn't true in 2004. That statement was a lie. Please help me understand; if UPS did have strictly enforced yard control safety rules or procedures then why was a person responsible for overseeing and enforcing the rules the one to die violating them. I am firmly convinced that this man felt he was doing his job the UPS way. This leads to Fact 3

Fact 3
In 2004 the Yards were out of control. The UPS way is get it done at all costs that was the attitude of the hubs during the operations then and that same attitude is prevalent today, that is except when an audit is coming. On this day in 2004 the cost was very high.

Fact 4
UPS has greatly improved the Yard Safety Control Safety training and procedures but UPS has failed to adequately and uniformly enforce these procedures. The corporate executives know this and encourage this by their lack of integrity.

What am I talking about?

What I am talking about is the deceptive audit culture.(if the shoe doesn't fit please don't get all defensive but if the shoe fits you may want to put it right on) UPS spends countless man hours and dollars covering up what truly goes on at UPS by sending large management groups to prepare and coach and change the very way business is done day after day with the sole purpose of deceiving the group that is doing the audit. This is done with full knowledge of the group doing the audit. This is done with the full knowledge of those who are thumping their chests about the audit results. To the point, this is done with the full knowledge of the highest level of management at UPS. Encouraging this falsification culture only hurts the people who get hurt or killed. This is a shame and a sham.

Fact 4
I am done for now.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity could you tell us how involved you were in the actual investigation of this death?
I just want to make sure you have the integrity to make the above comments.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Money cant buy you everything and it sure as hell cant buy back a life back. Have you ever lost a loved one? I would live in a box and eat in a homeless shelter to have any of my family back from 6 feet under.

YES I have lost almost my entire family.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!

You have to be very careful when you ask such a question - Have you ever lost a loved one? Know your audience very well before you question - you certainly hit my raw spot....

pretzel_man

If one were responding with Integrity, the whole story would be told....

This low level management person was a feeder supervisor for 17 years. I spent 2 years as a feeder supervisor, so I know about feeder yards, and I would bet Robles knew it better then I.

The driver that hit Robles "followed all of the required safety procedures, which included honking the horn before he backed up his vehicle."

This is a horrific accident and painful to all involved.

However.... If what you and others here say is true, there would be no need for Mrs Robles to accept this settlement. I'm sure that at a trial, the result would not include any agreement of confidentiality. Confidentiality agreement are a pretty standard part of a settlement are they not?

P-Man

705red,

Fact 1

Fact 2

Fact 3

Fact 4

What am I talking about?

Fact 4
I am done for now.

Sincerely,
I

705red

Browncafe Steward
there is a chance that she could take this to court and lose. The fact her lawyer did not take it to court tells you something about this case
She has a settlement on the table she should take it. If she wanted to speak out against the company then she had six years to do it.
Posting something like this when you know the company will not post a rebuttal here is a cheap shot.
you're taking a swing at someone you know won't swing back.
Man you just like to take a beating! Your even replying to posts not directed towards you. I can not be held responsible for any future medical conditions that could arise after being victim to these continued beatings. LOL

Whats the matter Tie? A little upset that you cant have this post removed? LOL Freedom of speech and I have a right to my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:

705red

Browncafe Steward
What I don't like about what you are doing is presenting opinion as if it were fact...

What facts exist to show UPS was at fault here?

I hope nobody has to go through the pain this widow did. However, I have not yet seen any facts that show the company was at fault here. This is now the third time I've asked about that.

The fact that I have 15 years with this company and I know that safety is only preached and practiced when an audit is in the building or I call OSHA. This company spens money to train people one way or to discourage them form following it.

A driver that has a leaking package in his car on route. He calls in after securing his vehicle only to be asked what is it? can you continue working? Questions like this in an attempt to have the drievr to finish his route or continue delivering until a responder can make it to him.

We all could list many ways that UPS encourages people to not do as they say.

Thanks for adding to the "discussion Pman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity could you tell us how involved you were in the actual investigation of this death?
I just want to make sure you have the integrity to make the above comments.
tieguy,
I wasn't involved in the actual investigation of this death nor did I ever claim to be involved. I recommend that if you want to challenge or check on the integrity of Integrity then you stop relying on my secret identity and start focusing on the issues and the truth behind my statements and claims. Come out and show me and the whole Brown Cafe that my statements or claims are false. I will give credit where credit is due. The only defense that I really see you mounting for the mighty UPS is a bunch of justifications, rationalizations and comparisons to other companies. This is very common when individuals are suffering from denial.(I don't mean the river in Egypt) I think there is a lot of UPS management suffering from this.
Sincerely,
I

tieguy

Banned
Man you just like to take a beating! Your even replying to posts not directed towards you. I can not be held responsible for any future medical conditions that could arise after being victim to these continued beatings. LOL

Whats the matter Tie? A little upset that you cant have this post removed? LOL Freedom of speech and I have a right to my opinion!

I did feel guilty about beating you so hard and reported myself for an infraction.

Are you done trying to defend the sleazeball lawyer. why not see how bad you can get beat trying to defend bogdanovitch?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I agree that some attorneys and our top brass are all slime balls, can you say the same? Then we have good attorneys that stand up for whats right, do we have management that can do the right thing? Tie can you? Or are the strings implanted in to you to much to overcome?

You have been taking swings, but have failed to connect on 1 punch, and you keep leading with your chin, at this Arte the damage could be permanent.

tieguy

Banned
tieguy,
I wasn't involved in the actual investigation of this death nor did I ever claim to be involved.

that was exactly my point. you have no idea what happened here yet you spouted off a bunch of crap that you believe may be correct. your defense is I or the company is now supposed to come a running to tell you where you're wrong. If you had any integrity you would know that you don't post half cocked assumptions.
Your integrity sucks.

I recommend that if you want to challenge or check on the integrity of Integrity then you stop relying on my secret identity and start focusing on the issues and the truth behind my statements and claims.

I can't help it you wearing the name integrity is like a flat chested girl calling herself jugs. why not try start on a journey to find integrity for yourself.

tieguy

Banned
I agree that some attorneys and our top brass are all slime balls, can you say the same? Then we have good attorneys that stand up for whats right, do we have management that can do the right thing? Tie can you? Or are the strings implanted in to you to much to overcome?

You have been taking swings, but have failed to connect on 1 punch, and you keep leading with your chin, at this Arte the damage could be permanent.

you agree what? Your a little punch drunk my friend you've gotten beat pretty bad here. Every one knows this attorney is running a scam using the widow for his own glory. you prostrated yourself as one of his pawns with this posting.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I cant believe this, her husband was killed at work 6 years ago and UPS still has not settled. And wont unless she gives them a gag order, well guess what? I feel like talking about this and other yard control and safety related problems. I encourage others to show support for this woman and the courage she has by posting safety concerns and your opinion on this topic.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2010/02/widow_of_secaucus_ups_worker_i.html

In my building UPS was just recently fined by OSHA about $50,000 for safety violations, this is the Palatine facility out of Illinios.

you agree what? Your a little punch drunk my friend you've gotten beat pretty bad here. Every one knows this attorney is running a scam using the widow for his own glory. you prostrated yourself as one of his pawns with this posting.

Would you care to read my original post on this topic? I quoted it for you so you could revisit why I started it. Im punch drunk? Why are you calling people names? Calling peopel Idiot is a sign you have lost control of your rational.

All depend if the sup was a low level manager or low lifer manager!

Article said 17 years as a feeder sup. I'm guessing a low ball figure of about 120K a year. Plus calculating the possibility of advancement in future earnings which the hourly doesn't have.