Got snapped at by a clerk for being early and setting up the belt?

W

What The Hawk?

Just a rant. I get to work 20 - 40 minutes early everyday. Clerk saw me setting up the belt like she has many times and says "wish you guys would stop coming in early and working off the clock". I tried to explain that I was just setting up cause it helps me get ready to just start loading my PCs. Nobody else on my belt knows how to do it, or they just wont. I also do it because as soon as the belt turns on the send agains on the belt start moving down and will keep going if i don't have the blocker on. It takes 5 minutes to set it up and bring up my send agains. I don't see what the issue is. Makes the start of my day easier.

PT Car Washer

Just a rant. I get to work 20 - 40 minutes early everyday. Clerk saw me setting up the belt like she has many times and says "wish you guys would stop coming in early and working off the clock". I tried to explain that I was just setting up cause it helps me get ready to just start loading my PCs. Nobody else on my belt knows how to do it, or they just wont. I also do it because as soon as the belt turns on the send agains on the belt start moving down and will keep going if i don't have the blocker on. It takes 5 minutes to set it up and bring up my send agains. I don't see what the issue is. Makes the start of my day easier.
You working off the clock takes bread out of another Union members mouth. UPS counts on this mentality to lower labor cost. After all you are earning minimum wage for minimum hours and why would you want to give more of your labor back.

W

What The Hawk?

You working off the clock takes bread out of another Union members mouth. UPS counts on this mentality to lower labor cost. After all you are earning minimum wage for minimum hours and why would you want to give more of your labor back.
I'm making more than minimum wage, but I didn't think about the union aspect.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You really shouldn't be working for free. It may make your life easier, but I'm guessing you're not here because cardboard makes you randy. You're here to earn a check. Why give that money up?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Because I'm a pushover.
awkward-get-together.gif

KOG72

I’m full of it
Look hawk girl I believe you are the nicest person in this whole forum but don't work for free,if you add up all the time you have worked off the clock it adds up.