Got snapped at by a clerk for being early and setting up the belt?

PT Car Washer

Preloader a few years ago grieved that drivers coming in early off the clock setting up their trucks was costing her hours because management would just send her home early. Won the grievance and drivers were instructed that working off the clock would be considered for discipline up to termination. Did not make her very popular because that was the drivers reason for coming in early and working. "Makes my job easier".

W

What The Hawk?

Preloader a few years ago grieved that drivers coming in early off the clock setting up their trucks was costing her hours because management would just send her home early. Won the grievance and drivers were instructed that working off the clock would be considered for discipline up to termination. Did not make her very popular because that was the drivers reason for coming in early and working. "Makes my job easier".
I dont want any union drama. or any drama at work. I want to be a driver so bad but I'm afraid I'll mess it up if I don't kiss ass. Just my mentality.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just a rant. I get to work 20 - 40 minutes early everyday. Clerk saw me setting up the belt like she has many times and says "wish you guys would stop coming in early and working off the clock". I tried to explain that I was just setting up cause it helps me get ready to just start loading my PCs. Nobody else on my belt knows how to do it, or they just wont. I also do it because as soon as the belt turns on the send agains on the belt start moving down and will keep going if i don't have the blocker on. It takes 5 minutes to set it up and bring up my send agains. I don't see what the issue is. Makes the start of my day easier.

PT Car Washer

I dont want any union drama. or any drama at work. I want to be a driver so bad but I'm afraid I'll mess it up if I don't kiss ass. Just my mentality.
If you want to drive, after peak sign up for Sat. air and air exception driver. Then this Summer do vacation cover. Good way to get your foot in the door and decide if this is really the job for you.