Got snapped at by a clerk for being early and setting up the belt?

W

What The Hawk?

I've met more nice drivers than not. But the ones I get who are crabby are really crabby!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I bet you couldn't convince most preloaders that drivers don't show up for work unhappy. Maybe just hung over.
Eh...some come in pleasant and some don't. I never took it personally.

Nah you can usually spot the hungover alcoholics....you can smell them 5 feet away because they usually drenched themselves in Axe body spray or cologne to cover up the stale booze smell seeping out of their pores....lol.

Dr.Brownz

I just try hard in every job when I first start out. Bend over backwards, work for free, during breaks..etc. But it gets old quick. I expressed to someone that I was afraid I'd get fired if I'm not literally working my butt off and they said, and I quote "it's hard to get fired from here". I'm still going to work as hard as I possibly can but I'm done working for free, because knowing me I would injure myself at work and it would happen when I was working for free. This job doesn't burn me out I really enjoy this job but it was taking a toll because I was putting my energy into the wrong things.

You are getting paid $10 an hour dude. Slow down

km3

Union traded away the extra Dollar/hr preload rate at my building.

Where I am, it's the opposite; everybody on the Sunrise shift gets the $1 raise whether they preload or not. The only exception is revenue recovery. No raise for them.

It still amazes me how different local practices can be when governed by the same contract/supplement.