Government forced healthcare?

Should our government force health care on unwilling citizens?

• Yes

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • Yes for children, but not for adults

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

tieguy

Banned
Tie, I see your wearing your Ron Reagan "teflon" suit....Can I get me one of those....:wink2:.....

your bleeding heart is probably too big to fit into one.:happy-very:

Imagine how boring this forum would be if we turned this into a lovefest....:sick:

I don't think Woody fits you.....more like the antagonistic Speedy Gonzalez....

Wkmac.....Improving the odds of saving vunerable lives of cancer strucking children wears no political or religious sleeves...

Now just come out and say it in layman's terms with out a whole composition for us simpletons, this corperate conspiracy theory simply can't afford a natural cure for cancer, cholestorol, or heart disease to take center stage....same as the oil Ind to be in any hurry to stop mfg'ing internal combustion engines....:greedy:

I now ask all of you to direct your ire at Tieguy.....

I knew I had a purpose here.:peaceful:

diesel96

I think you're on to something there "SYLVESTER!"

YouTube - Speedy Gonzalez and Sylvester
:rofl:

a-ree-ba...a-ree-ba.....un-da-lay.....un-da-lay....

Modsta ... I like that!

I'll be using that! Check out my User Title.

lol...thats how our youngsta's talk these days....it rubs off on Dad. Just don't wear your baseball cap sideways, pull up your pants, and lose the big arse necklace medalion.....

tieguy;537371 Originally Posted by diesel96 [I said:
Tie, I see your wearing your Ron Reagan "teflon" suit....Can I get me one of those....:wink2:.....[/I]

your bleeding heart is probably too big to fit into one.:happy-very:

:peaceful:

I got a extra teflon hat, but it probably won't fit your big head....lol:wink2:

wkmac

Should we dare consider the issue of Food Inc. in the larger discussion of healthcare? Has one in many respects led to the other? Has Monsanto played into any of this? Is there a major member of the current adminstration who has been very vocal before on healthcare but also has major connects to such giants as Tyson Foods and Monsanto? Notice that website source did ya? :happy-very:

Is that person in a position now to benefit these Corp. giants on an "international" scale? Looking closer at Monsanto (Arkansas Politics and D&PL et al) one might be handed some facts to make an honest person look far beyond over the horizon to the real facts behind the story and to root causes with the healthcare issue. Even these folks are looking past the political Hollywood events of Washington and finding themselves looking over that horizon to ask the unthinkable are the X-Files somewhat true after all?

Which one do you choose? See ya around CopperTop! :wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Government forced healthcare is being brought to you by the same folks that run Medicare and the VA hospitals.
Two programs that have been here a long time and neither is doing well.

wkmac

Jarvis' addiction encapsulates what has happened to many small towns in America. Reding says meth is a drug of the American working class, because it gives people "inordinate amounts of energy."
"You don't have to eat, sleep or drink water, so if you're somebody who works on a manufacturing line or does farm work or meatpacking work, for instance, it's a drug that can come in handy, in terms of helping you to work harder," Reding says.
Reding says that the agricultural industry has consolidated over time, and the working class has had to work harder for less — which has made meth more attractive. As an example, he cites a meatpacking plant that was bought in 1987; the new company cut wages from $18 an hour to $6.20.
"If you're a guy like Roland Jarvis ... you've got to work extra hard to make less than you were yesterday," Reding says. "Meth is often seen as a helpful drug in that instance because you don't have to sleep. You don't even have to go to bed before working your next shift."

Interview with Nick Reding about his new book, Methland.

The wages issue above I'm sure many will quickly equate to the illegal alien issue but fact is what Nick said, the illegal alien issue and healthcare all relate heavily to the movie Food Inc. Many here have decried the dying middle class and again, there may be a connection.

Back in the early 80's Sean Connery made a Sci-fi Space movie "Outland" that for the most part is largely overlooked but if you understand what Nick is pointing out about Meth, watch Outland and it's surprising how close to true it is. I have no reason nor think the movie was pointing to meth at the time but it's just kinda funny that way.

Could Food Inc. be telling us more about some root causes of rising healthcare costs that if heard might begin to answer a whole lot of questions but then raise a whole lot of questions about the very gov't we've entrusted to act as guardians of the gate?

And if you think this is some PETA shrill, not even close. They even show how the free market itself is the answer and how you cast a vote everytime you shop and even mighty Walmart is answering to that voting and it's all the actions of free market choices.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I only eat meat from my local butcher. Ive seen super cows and I dont want to eat them. I think steroids in meat are making society more aggressive. I dont know about vaccines, they never hurt me or my children but I have a sup, who has two autistic children, and they believe it was vaccines. I dunno. My dil (daughter inlaw) thinks my youngest grandson had reactions, and I agree he did, but think its rare. I think its up to the parent. Although if the parent is whacko, thats why there should be two parents, to make the call, if chemo could help I would do it unless the child was old enough to make the choice. I would do everything possible to save my child. I would not deny him care with a time sensitive disease.