Grills!

Notretiredyet

Had an issue this spring with the burners on my old grill bought at Lowes a few years back. When I went looking for replacement burners I learned the grill (made in China) had been recalled a few years back for this reason. Checked online to get my free burners and found out the grill lids are made of magnesium and have occasionally ignited and burned a house or two down when they did. At that point I decided to get a different grill with the credit the store manager reluctantly gave me. Did some research as its hard for me to justify spending a grand on the Weber I liked. Found this Huntington grill made in Canada for $300 that was top rated and sold by Lowes with most of the features of a Weber that I desired.
image.jpg

S

serenity now

anything under 200, I'm good to go

would go up to 215 if she has beautiful eyes

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Had an issue this spring with the burners on my old grill bought at Lowes a few years back. When I went looking for replacement burners I learned the grill (made in China) had been recalled a few years back for this reason. Checked online to get my free burners and found out the grill lids are made of magnesium and have occasionally ignited and burned a house or two down when they did. At that point I decided to get a different grill with the credit the store manager reluctantly gave me. Did some research as its hard for me to justify spending a grand on the Weber I liked. Found this Huntington grill made in Canada for $300 that was top rated and sold by Lowes with most of the features of a Weber that I desired.

WOW! Once Magnesium gets going there isn't much at home you can put it out with.

WOW! Once Magnesium gets going there isn't much at home you can put it out with.

I have to plead the 5th on being stupid with my hot rod buddies and sweeping up all the aluminum and magnesium shavings at the machine shop and somehow not blow anything up lighting the stuff on fire. Want to see something cool? Fill a beer bottle with mag shavings and light it. It will melt the bottle.

And, 1K for a good grill isn't outrageous if it lasts forever.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have to plead the 5th on being stupid with my hot rod buddies and sweeping up all the aluminum and magnesium shavings at the machine shop and somehow not blow anything up lighting the stuff on fire. Want to see something cool? Fill a beer bottle with mag shavings and light it. It will melt the bottle.

And, 1K for a good grill isn't outrageous if it lasts forever.

It will also last longer if 1K gets you bulletproof armor on it.

I have a friend that welded up a stainless smoker/grill and used a 40 ford hood as the cover. Open and close it using the hood ornament.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
bbqshotgungrill.JPG

​I wish I had known Over9 was looking for a new grill, I could have got a more appropriate one for him.
bbqshotgungrill.JPG

pretender

Nice landscape too!