Gross insubordination

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It’s irrelevant what I did or didn’t do when the question is if it’s a cardinal infraction. Gross insubordination is gross insubordination, right? I still think the contract protects me from immediate termination
It's not irrelevant. You are terminated, no pay, no benefits and on the street. I get you don't want to post what you did on this forum (smart move), don't you think anyone from your building knows who you are?

Pro Tip...change your "cyber-alias" you are not winning anything today.

It's not irrelevant. You are terminated, no pay, no benefits and on the street. I get you don't want to post what you did on this forum (smart move), don't you think anyone from your building knows who you are?

Pro Tip...change your "cyber-alias" you are not winning anything today.
I still have Benny’s. BA said I keep until panel at minimum

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This looks like the Atlantic Area supplement. Don't know anything about the details of your situation but I can tell you that I've seen people terminated for refusing to follow instructions and it stuck. Hopefully the safety issue you raised is legit. Good luck.

Just act like a complete idiot at the panel , ever do often droll a little and make sure they see it. You can also start coughing uncontrollably in the middle of the hearing would be another tactic or pass out complaining of heart pain...

Just trying to help...

Seriously.. keep your mouth shut and let the BA answer the questions after council outside the room...

Forget about back pay ... Settle before you go into these terminations, one of our Union representatives on the panel might of had a bad night or you remind him of his ex wife’s lover...

oldngray

nowhere special
Just act like a complete idiot at the panel , ever do often droll a little and make sure they see it. You can also start coughing uncontrollably in the middle of the hearing would be another tactic or pass out complaining of heart pain...

Just trying to help...

Seriously.. keep your mouth shut and let the BA answer the questions after council outside the room...

Forget about back pay ... Settle before you go into these terminations, one of our Union representatives on the panel might of had a bad night or you remind him of his ex wife’s lover...
Best he can hope for is to get his job back.

I get it that you all think I may or may not get my job back. But if I refused to help, refused to run a different route or refused to do something similar, it’s still gross insubordination. In the Atlantic region it’s not a cardinal infraction. I should be working.

oldngray

nowhere special
About the only time you can refuse is if it involves safety and even then it's a risky move. Because you don't want to help someone else? I heard Amazon is hiring.

Dangler

Banned
I am accused of gross insubordination by my on car. He claims I refused direct instructions. I thought I should be able to work until my hearing? My BA says it’s a cardinal infraction but it’s not on the list. If it’s not on list it should be a working termination at most?
Dunno.
What I do know is management will probably have a meeting with you and your Steward and offer you your job back with NO back pay.
If you refuse this offer you continue to be withdrawn from service and will fight for your job at panel.

I would be focused on getting back in service or preparing myself for panel.

Trying to see the situation how you WANT to see it instead of how it is will hurt you in the long run.

Do something to relax yourself, reassess the situation as honestly as you can, and based on your assessment do what you need to do to keep your job.

Good luck.