Gross insubordination

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When you were instructed to do something did they walk up the discipline? As in....

" I'm instructing you to do this. If you don't you'll receive a warning letter. Again I'm instructing you to do this if you do not it will now be a termination."
He won’t say what he did so he’s really not serious about this

Let the trolling commence

nWo

We have a guy that's probably been fired 10 times in the past 20 years. He always gets his job back. You will probably be fine. If you do get your job back don't be cocky. Just be grateful.

Brownwind

He was pretty vague. I just know a grievance was definitely filed by him on my behalf
Did you sign the grievance? Did you read what was filed on your behalf? Dude you might wanna read the contract and get ready to defend your self. The arbitrator will look at the steps you took and will go by the book even if you didn’t.

Without any additional information my advice is to settle. If you want this job you might wanna swallow your pride.

We’re a United brotherhood. Can’t help you if you don’t want it. “Sorry Bro”.

HavenoEDD

Another one of those threads.
“I got in trouble, what should I do”
“Ok, what did you do to get in trouble”
“It doesn’t matter and I’m not telling”

Yawn

SandSpida

Just act like a complete idiot at the panel , ever do often droll a little and make sure they see it. You can also start coughing uncontrollably in the middle of the hearing would be another tactic or pass out complaining of heart pain...

Just trying to help...

Seriously.. keep your mouth shut and let the BA answer the questions after council outside the room...

Forget about back pay ... Settle before you go into these terminations, one of our Union representatives on the panel might of had a bad night or you remind him of his ex wife’s lover...
I bet we would get more details out of the ex wife’s lover than this guy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am accused of gross insubordination by my on car. He claims I refused direct instructions. I thought I should be able to work until my hearing? My BA says it’s a cardinal infraction but it’s not on the list. If it’s not on list it should be a working termination at most?
Insubordination terminations and just cause are not always so cut and dry. Seems like your BA knows this. If you refused a legitimate unsafe act you will most likely get your job back with back pay.

The discharge hearing should be soon, when is it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I am accused of gross insubordination by my on car. He claims I refused direct instructions. I thought I should be able to work until my hearing? My BA says it’s a cardinal infraction but it’s not on the list. If it’s not on list it should be a working termination at most?
more details buddy.

clean hairy

It’s irrelevant what I did or didn’t do when the question is if it’s a cardinal infraction. Gross insubordination is gross insubordination, right? I still think the contract protects me from immediate termination
Unless you are willing to give more info, you are gone with no recourse!
Anyome else agree?

Box Ox

Unless you are willing to give more info, you are gone with no recourse!
Anyome else agree?

He might have a greater chance of being gone in real life if he does give specifics here. Might not match up with or be contradictory to something he's already said even if it's not intentional. Understandable. We just can't give any useful advice with that being the case.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Follow the advice of the BA. You decided to be insubordinate, now face the consequences.
Been having a ton of issues at my hub about that. Then they look at me like I’m all crazy. Granted I’m still snotnosed and green behind the ears, but it’s really simple once you sit down and shut up and follow what the elders been through.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
If the man blows would post the "safety" issue maybe he would get some genuine advice. It's true that you can disobey a dirct order that is unethical or unsafe.

In any case he should have requested a shop steward as a witness and advisor.

I was directed one time to take a "Hot" trailer one night to Sacramento

1. the inspection sticker was expired
2. took to shop and one of the brakes was cammed over.
3.the mechanic red tagged it
4. didnt matter to dispatch manager he tried the "direct order" BS.
5. I got a shop steward

case closed. The manager was the one who should have lost his job over this. I could have reported him to the DOT/CHP or whoever but that would have been his word over mine. The shop mechanic and shop manager really didnt care. They saw this :censored2: all the time.

Up In Smoke

I refused for what I think is a sincere safety issue. They asked again and got the same answer. Then terminated me.
What specific article were you fired for? Your grievance must include an article that matches your discharge. In the central, we can't file a grievance until the discharge letter has been received. Did you have a steward present when you were discharged and was an article cited?