Ground is a scam

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

GROUND IS A HUGE SCAM! Theres so much corruption here its not even funny anymore. I was a former courier and i quit because the micromanagement was so bad. the only thing worse than express is ground! im lazy and not the most gung ho driver and im like the hardest working one here. i see drivers DL packages to their houses. i have also seen driver sign for direct signs and keep the package until the customer comes to pick it up. i tell people as much as i can to never use fedex. we routinely smash boxes on accident because my idiot co workers throw stuff and drop stuff. ground needs to be exposed for what it is,.... a scam

bbsam

Staff member
Nothing about what you posted makes it a scam. You and your coworkers just suck and need to be terminated.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Nothing about what you posted makes it a scam. You and your coworkers just suck and need to be terminated.

For what those guys make and the way they're treated do you expect a fleet of hard dedicated workers?

Or does that tarnish your solid gold image of Ground?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For what those guys make and the way they're treated do you expect a fleet of hard dedicated workers?

Shhh. You're not supposed to say bad stuff about Ground around bbsam. It gets him upset.

Nick9075

but you know there are a few people that can do no wrong because they kiss (or grease) the asses of terminal management (violations slide or someone else takes the blame, they get routes given to them for free from contractors who had their routes terminated). But I would say 90% of the rest of the people agree with you.. The politics and BS is much worse than you will see in any corporation. It is much worse when you actually have money invested...

Nick9075

Shhh. You're not supposed to say bad stuff about Ground around bbsam. It gets him upset.

I bet he is some type of informant or such to senior managment. On this board there seems to be agreement that they want to downsize both by eliminating couriers in the Express Division and to take away profitable routes from others.... Paranoid? maybe but it isn't paranoid if it is true.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
but you know there are a few people that can do no wrong because they kiss (or grease) the asses of terminal management (violations slide or someone else takes the blame, they get routes given to them for free from contractors who had their routes terminated). But I would say 90% of the rest of the people agree with you.. The politics and BS is much worse than you will see in any corporation. It is much worse when you actually have money invested...

Anyone particular in mind? From the Quad Cities perhaps?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I bet he is some type of informant or such to senior managment. On this board there seems to be agreement that they want to downsize both by eliminating couriers in the Express Division and to take away profitable routes from others.... Paranoid? maybe but it isn't paranoid if it is true.

He's been around a long time and likes changes that benefit him personally over at Ground. I doubt he's on their payroll.

bbsam

Staff member
He's been around a long time and likes changes that benefit him personally over at Ground. I doubt he's on their payroll.
Yes. I like changes that benefit me at Ground. I am acutely aware that someone at FedEx is aware of BC and mu identity is not a mystery. As to informant? What would I inform that isn't right here to be read?

overflowed

Yes. I like changes that benefit me at Ground. I am acutely aware that someone at FedEx is aware of BC and mu identity is not a mystery. As to informant? What would I inform that isn't right here to be read?

Hell, the ops managers read this forum. A few have told me so.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

bbsam is trying to scrap his way to the top. the $$$ may be good now, and maybe you even treat your drivers with a little dignity. but fred will one day walk away from you. if you are a good contractor i hope you will cash out before that day comes. but i think you already know that. if you are like most contractors (lousy) you will sink with the rest. fred is gearing up to lay off couriers. thats why i left. ground blows, but the job security is so great and i dont have freds lackeys on my ass constantly. i can be rude to customers. its kind of nice being ground. i can let myself really go and no one even raises an eyebrow. just, remember your arrangement with fred will come crashing to the ground one day. he is not to be trusted! hopefully its later and not sooner. but i think some crazy $$#$# is gonna happen this new fiscal year. get redy to oepn your doors to some couriers. the storm is coming.

bbsam

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. We have been awaiting the storm for quite some time and plan to profit from it.

Yes, Fred is not to be trusted. The profit margin afforded by the business model is.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

BE READY!!!!!!

FRED is getting ready to lay off massive amounts of couriers! I jumped ship and went to a ground contractor! i didnt want to lose my $ and bennies, but i want job security. im friends with some express upper management, and they tell me something bad is gonna happen. these guys are one of the few who dont have their up up their asses, so i trust it! at my old station, people were getting written up left and right for petty stuff. i didnt know what WAD was until i read it here, but we did that here. it was very tense between courier and management. i know it sounds crazy but if ur a courier, consider switching to ground. they are stockpiling offenses against senior drivers to replace us all with part timers. express isnt contracted out yet so hes doing what he can to wring a few more pennies from his already overworked workers. IF YOU ARE A SENIOR DRIVER, YOU HAVE A TARGET ON YOUR BACK. YOU WILL ALTL BE REPLACED BY PART TIMERS IF NOT OUTRIGHT CONTRACTED. THE GLORY DAYS OF EXPRESS ARE OVER. CONSIDER A MOVE TO GROUND AND THEN BUY YOUR OWN ROUTE IF YOU CAN RUN IT RIGHT. it blows but its gonna be better than losing your job. ****ty ground pay is better than unemployment and a sheet cake. ride freds coattails on the backs of ground drivers like bbsam. hes the smart one. ground is growing. ground will devour express, or it will be a shadow of its old self with part timers and college students running routes. WE WILL NEVER UNIONIZE, WE WILL NEVER HAVE EXPRESS BACK, GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN. THE STORM IS COMING.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I asked what for. They say the overall info here is better than what corporate gives. One of them says they can know about stuff a few days ahead of corporate telling them. Tells ya something right there.

That's interesting. IMO, Ops Managers are only there to enforce the dictates from above. Their potential for "leadership" is just about zero.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
bbsam is trying to scrap his way to the top. the $$$ may be good now, and maybe you even treat your drivers with a little dignity. but fred will one day walk away from you. if you are a good contractor i hope you will cash out before that day comes. but i think you already know that. if you are like most contractors (lousy) you will sink with the rest. fred is gearing up to lay off couriers. thats why i left. ground blows, but the job security is so great and i dont have freds lackeys on my ass constantly. i can be rude to customers. its kind of nice being ground. i can let myself really go and no one even raises an eyebrow. just, remember your arrangement with fred will come crashing to the ground one day. he is not to be trusted! hopefully its later and not sooner. but i think some crazy $$#$# is gonna happen this new fiscal year. get redy to oepn your doors to some couriers. the storm is coming.

The storm is already here. I've got to ask you this question: Why would you ever go to Ground after experiencing Express? I understand that you enjoy the lower level of scrutiny at Ground, but why do a job that help's feed Satan Smith's Scam Machine?

TUT

i tell people as much as i can to never use fedex. we routinely smash boxes on accident because my idiot co workers throw stuff and drop stuff. ground needs to be exposed for what it is,.... a scam

To note as a customer that ships 10's of thousands Fedex Ground packages, you are no worse and really as good as any other service out there. I wanted to let you know that so you know the state of the industry, human nature, etc. Bad behavior behind the scenes also shouldn't be described as a scam, that isn't the right meaning of the word.