Ground meeting tomorrow

menotyou

bella amicizia
Tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform!

vantexan

When was the last time we had a republican administration that showed "fiscal discipline"? If you want "fiscal discipline", do two things. Let the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire, and then reform the tax code. Deficits disappear in about 7 years. It's not that hard. Paul Ryan's budget plan, how many republicans ran to endorse that? They like to point to it...but always at a distance.

George Bush Sr. Deficits like we have now won't disappear without spending cuts. And our national debt is so large now that servicing the interest on the debt plus paying for entitlements is taking up most of the Federal budget. We have to borrow(the deficit) to pay for the rest. If the economy is growing at a snail's pace while the debt keeps piling up we'll have a crash. And no matter what we do Europe is likely to cause a crash because a number of their countries have lived so far beyond their means they make us look sound.

bbsam

Staff member
Van, you seem to be of the opinion that it can't get any worse than it is. That is a pipedream.

vantexan

Tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform, tax code reform!

Except almost 50% of income earners don't pay any Federal taxes now while the top 10% pay most of it. It's easy to get people riled up by going around saying the rich should pay their fair share but they already do. And if you confiscated all their earnings it wouldn't begin to pay off the debt we've accumulated. The best we can do is greatly reduce taxes and the resulting economic activity will bring in much more revenue. John friend. Kennedy pointed that out in speech and it does work. Soaking the rich only keeps them on the sidelines. If they don't invest their wealth jobs won't be created. So yes, tax reform. But not by increasing taxes. So why isn't the economy doing better then? We have had a real estate crisis that we're nowhere near getting away from, and Obamacare has kept many wealthy businessmen from investing. They'll be hit with huge costs if they do.

vantexan

Van, you seem to be of the opinion that it can't get any worse than it is. That is a pipedream.

I keep pointing out we're heading for a crash if we don't get it under control. As in worse than we've been through, probably worse than the Great Depression. For some reason many seem to be in denial, that we can just keep piling on debt. And on that note, I've got 2 hrs of sleep to get. Great discussion, 'nite!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Except almost 50% of income earners don't pay any Federal taxes now while the top 10% pay most of it. It's easy to get people riled up by going around saying the rich should pay their fair share but they already do. And if you confiscated all their earnings it wouldn't begin to pay off the debt we've accumulated. The best we can do is greatly reduce taxes and the resulting economic activity will bring in much more revenue. John friend. Kennedy pointed that out in speech and it does work. Soaking the rich only keeps them on the sidelines. If they don't invest their wealth jobs won't be created. So yes, tax reform. But not by increasing taxes. So why isn't the economy doing better then? We have had a real estate crisis that we're nowhere near getting away from, and Obamacare has kept many wealthy businessmen from investing. They'll be hit with huge costs if they do.
I am not of the opinion the rich should pay for everything. This time of year, in particular, I get very disgusted. With the poor, not the rich. Tens of thousands of dollars in tax returns because you are capable of repeatedly pumping out children? Really???? I see the people, know the people who are doing this. An outrage to say the least. Tax reform isn't just about slamming the rich and corporations. It is about everyone paying their fair share.

I am sure I will get slammed for this post and that's ok. It is what is see with my own eyes.

bbsam

Staff member
I keep pointing out we're heading for a crash if we don't get it under control. As in worse than we've been through, probably worse than the Great Depression. For some reason many seem to be in denial, that we can just keep piling on debt. And on that note, I've got 2 hrs of sleep to get. Great discussion, 'nite!

That is not what is being said. It is a matter of priotity. The debt is not priority one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's called chasing rabbits. LOOK!!!!! A SQUIRREL!!!!!!

LOL!! So true. Here's my take on the subject, which shouldn't surprise anyone. Deficits aside, please remember that Republicans are anti-labor, anti-worker, and pro Big Business. This makes them Friends of Fred, which means they are our enemies, not our friends.

BrownMeetPurple

LOL!! So true. Here's my take on the subject, which shouldn't surprise anyone. Deficits aside, please remember that Republicans are anti-labor, anti-worker, and pro Big Business. This makes them Friends of Fred, which means they are our enemies, not our friends.

and you know what both parties are controlled by an elite few... they love it when the population is fighting amongst themselves on two words dems and reps. LOL

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

The Elitist plan is part of what the Bilderbergs have planned for us in the near future. They want us to war amongst ourselves and other nations, that way the transfer to a totalitarian dictatorship will go un-noticed until it's too late.

And yes, I have been watching a lot of conspiracy theories on YouTube....never hurts to have a crazy person's opinion..lol