guns

bbsam

Staff member
A secret? Not to anyone who has followed the news. It was the NRA that initially pushed the backgrounds checks in the first place.
He seemed to lose his voice when there was talk of universal background checks. It's not too late. He could do it now.

oldngray

nowhere special
He seemed to lose his voice when there was talk of universal background checks. It's not too late. He could do it now.

The problem is when you try to extend the checks to the small number of private sales or even transfers between relatives instead of from a dealer which already requires a background check.

bbsam

Staff member
The problem is when you try to extend the checks to the small number of private sales or even transfers between relatives instead of from a dealer which already requires a background check.
That doesn't sound like an insurmountable problem to people who are looking to solve it.

bbsam

Staff member
All sales from dealers already require background checks so what is your point?
I'm not a dealer but on my phone is could pull up my credit report. If I were to sell you a gun, the technology exists to do.a.background check and log the sale ofor the gun...instantaneously--just like Mr. Lapierre would want.

Now, why wouldn't he have suggested such a thing?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
All sales from dealers already require background checks so what is your point?
Whats the point of requiring background checks at all if you're not going to require them for private sales too?

Overpaid Union Thug

Seems the NRA is all in favor of instant background checks at the point of sale. Sounds good. At every sale and instant check. Odd. He hasn't put that out front and center very often. He calls it the "best kept secret". He has a podium and a microphone.

You should be pleased. That means every single American citizen will have to go through a background check at the store.......BUT.......illegal aliens still will not have to.

bbsam

Staff member
that were supposed to be reported by how many states?
Shouldn't matter. Every sale, every gun, instant background checks. If people fall through and there is documentation of the check done, then by all means, the state is culpable. States would clean that up in a hurry.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not a dealer but on my phone is could pull up my credit report. If I were to sell you a gun, the technology exists to do.a.background check and log the sale ofor the gun...instantaneously--just like Mr. Lapierre would want.

Now, why wouldn't he have suggested such a thing?

You would be moving the goalpost from background checks to universal registration. Which is too frequently a precurser to confiscation.

Before you protest that is not the intent listen to statements of what the gun grabbers ultimate goal is.

bbsam

Staff member
You would be moving the goalpost from background checks to universal registration. Which is too frequently a precurser to confiscation.

Before you protest that is not the intent listen to statements of what the gun grabbers ultimate goal is.
No. I am going with what the NRA through Mr. Lapierre has suggested. None of it is impossible or even technically difficult. It is you who is now backing away from what the NRA suggested just weeks ago, unless it is your belief that the NRA doesn't want universal background checks and only is paying lipservice to a popular sentiment.

oldngray

nowhere special
No. I am going with what the NRA through Mr. Lapierre has suggested. None of it is impossible or even technically difficult. It is you who is now backing away from what the NRA suggested just weeks ago, unless it is your belief that the NRA doesn't want universal background checks and only is paying lipservice to a popular sentiment.

I never made any claims about what the NRA might have suggested recently so it would be impossible for me to be backing away from a position I never took.