guns

FilingBluesFL

To be fair, rickyb threw a lot out on the table.

Which part of what he posted do you disagree with?

(admit it, you didn't read or digest what he posted).

David Barton just released a new book regarding Jefferson and Slavery.

From what I understand from a brief interview he gave on the book, Thomas Jefferson tried to free his slaves, and because of law at the time, he was unable to. So how can someone free their slaves, if the law forces them to retain them?

amazon.com/The-Jefferson-Lies-Exposing-Believed/dp/1595554599

BrownArmy

David Barton just released a new book regarding Jefferson and Slavery.

From what I understand from a brief interview he gave on the book, Thomas Jefferson tried to free his slaves, and because of law at the time, he was unable to. So how can someone free their slaves, if the law forces them to retain them?

amazon.com/The-Jefferson-Lies-Exposing-Believed/dp/1595554599

From your own link:

About the Author

David Barton is the founder and president of WallBuilders, a national pro-family organization that presents America s forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage. He is the author of many best-selling books, including Original Intent, The Bulletproof George Washington, American History in Black and White, and The Question of Freemasonry and the Founding Fathers. He addresses more than 400 groups each year. Barton was named by Time magazine as one of America s 25 most influential evangelicals, and he has received numerous national and international awards, including Who s Who in Education and Daughters of the American Revolution s highest award, the Medal of Honor. David and his wife, Cheryl, have three grown children.

If you're cool with this guy's pedigree, then go with it.

It's ahistorical, but, we all can't be perfect, can we?!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
To be fair, rickyb threw a lot out on the table.

Which part of what he posted do you disagree with?

(admit it, you didn't read or digest what he posted).
I read it, and by your post here, I know that you did not.

2 times Americans needed guns were to wipe out the Native Americans and to control the slaves in the south?

Are you kidding me?

realbrown1

From your own link:

About the Author

David Barton is the founder and president of WallBuilders, a national pro-family organization that presents America s forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage. He is the author of many best-selling books, including Original Intent, The Bulletproof George Washington, American History in Black and White, and The Question of Freemasonry and the Founding Fathers. He addresses more than 400 groups each year. Barton was named by Time magazine as one of America s 25 most influential evangelicals, and he has received numerous national and international awards, including Who s Who in Education and Daughters of the American Revolution s highest award, the Medal of Honor. David and his wife, Cheryl, have three grown children.

If you're cool with this guy's pedigree, then go with it.

It's ahistorical, but, we all can't be perfect, can we?!
What, exactly is there about Barton's pedigree, is there not to be cool about?

BrownArmy

Anyone who agrees with and quotes Noam Chomsky is a fool.

Obviously, you are in that catagory with the freeloading Canadian basement dweller.

I'll take Chomsky over Barton any day.

Have you read Howard Zinn, 'A People's History of the United States' ? Great stuff.

So anyone who disagrees with your worldview is a fool?

You must be fun at parties.

realbrown1

I'll take Chomsky over Barton any day.

Have you read Howard Zinn, 'A People's History of the United States' ? Great stuff.

So anyone who disagrees with your worldview is a fool?

You must be fun at parties.
Anyone who disagrees with the fact that Chomsky is way, way out there......yes.......is a fool.

BrownArmy

Anyone who disagrees with the fact that Chomsky is way, way out there......yes.......is a fool.

Chomsky is an academic...where else would he be?

I'll agree with you there, but I thought he nailed Jefferson in rickyb's post.

You seem like a real black and white guy, no nuance...that's fine if it works for you, but the world is full of nuance.

I don't always agree with Chomsky's conclusions, but I have a lot of respect for the guy, ergo you put me in the 'fool' category.

C'est la vie.

FilingBluesFL

Wikipedia is user editable and information can be changed whenever. Did you personally verify this information by checking all the information linked at he bottom?

David Barton uses historical documents and facts to back up what he wrote in his book. Even includes photographs of the documents and footnotes everything in the book to provide factual references to the information provided.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wikipedia is user editable and information can be changed whenever. Did you personally verify this information by checking all the information linked at he bottom?

David Barton uses historical documents and facts to back up what he wrote in his book. Even includes photographs of the documents and footnotes everything in the book to provide factual references to the information provided.
10 years ago you would have been right. Things have changed. If you think a major Wikipedia entry like one on Thomas Jefferson isn't reliable then you don't understand how the wikipedia editing community works.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...uirement-1000-in-training-for-handgun-permit/

City Demands Written Essay, $1,000+ in Training to Qualify for Handgun Permit

Gun Owners Action League of Massachusetts executive director Jim Wallace said, “It is absurd that people should have to write an essay to the town to explain why they should be able to exercise their constitutional rights. We already have a very strict set of gun laws in the state, but this is way over the top.”

And yet it is illegal to impose a literacy test as a prerequisite for being eligible to vote.

newfie

Anyone who agrees with and quotes Noam Chomsky is a fool.

Obviously, you are in that catagory with the freeloading Canadian basement dweller.

noam is also another successful capitalist who has made a nice living as a scientist , author and looking for a cause protestor.