guns

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
are you in Cali?? some Rep there proposed to get rid of the 10 day wait... people gotta vote!
There is a lawsuit too.

It's saying that people who already own guns, and have gone through a 10-day waiting period, should be allowed to get their NEW firearm after they pass the background check.

That would mean the get their firearm immediately to a couple of days after purchase, depending on how long the background check takes.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
There is a lawsuit too.

It's saying that people who already own guns, and have gone through a 10-day waiting period, should be allowed to get their NEW firearm after they pass the background check.

That would mean the get their firearm immediately to a couple of days after purchase, depending on how long the background check takes.

What's going on with the CCW case?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
FatGuyShootingRed.gif

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Why I Don't Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun as I don't feel the need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because where I live there is no need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because there are no real threats in my world.

I don't carry a gun because I have chosen to live in an area where guns are not needed.

I don't carry a gun because I don't want to spend the rest of my life living in fear.

I don't carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Some may call me naive, some may call me foolish, but I don't carry a gun, will never carry a gun, and I do not feel like I am less of a man or person for not doing so. I do feel sorry for those of you who live in areas where this is a concern in your lives. These beliefs are mine and, yes, they were formed as the result of a tragedy in my family. I do respect the rights of others in respect to firearms--I only ask that you respect mine. Dave.
"I do respect the rights of others in respect to firearms--I only ask that you respect mine."

Well said. Gun ownership is a personal choice and someone who is not comfortable with guns is better off not owning one. To each their own.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My guess is that its an anti-gun group putting this out in order to portray what they (wrongly)see as the hypocricy of the Republican convention being held at a gun free facility.
Its a misfire, though, because the event will have metal detectors and Secret Service present. Given the legitimate risk of an assassination attempt, common sense demands that security would prohibit weapons and subject all those entering the venue to a search.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My guess is that its an anti-gun group putting this out in order to portray what they (wrongly)see as the hypocricy of the Republican convention being held at a gun free facility.
Its a misfire, though, because the event will have metal detectors and Secret Service present. Given the legitimate risk of an assassination attempt, common sense demands that security would prohibit weapons and subject all those entering the venue to a search.
I agree. But a lot of people don't have common sense. Just scroll through this thread and you'll see people trying to draw a connection between politicians with armed security and their stance in favor of gun regulations. "They are anti-gun so they shouldn't have armed guards". Simple minded arguments for simple minded people.

bbsam

Staff member
"Pro-gun" or "anti-gun" the facts remain the same including the reticence of the candidates to comment. People face "legitimate" threats every day and in this case, with the propensity for violence shown, it is more likely feuding members of the public would face more threat than the candidates themselves.

milb

Respected Member
That's not too bad.

$100 for class is pretty standard here. I think it was close to $150 for the license for 5 years.
Double it since I made my wife get her's too. And that's before you even consider the cost of guns. It's a lot of money for someone living paycheck to paycheck.

And then that wait.... ridiculous. All that money and then you wait 4 months.
$50 for my fingerprints in my state. They waived the class for me because of prior military service. I just had to wait 30 days for my HQL license. Lasts for 10 years

BrownArmy

But that info-graph, in its conclusion, discounts the 19,200 that died of suicide-by-gun.

Yes, yes, if you really want to kill yourself, you will, but honestly most people don't have the stones to cut their wrists, etc.

Guns are easy, if we're talking su-i-cide.

I semi-agree with what you're saying, but let's be clear:

Free and easy access to guns and poor mental-health treatment in this country, combined with a government that can't get out of it's own way, much less get the NRA johnson out of it's mouth, equals thousands that will die each and every year.

Not because we're not respecting the 2nd Amendment, but because we 'respect' it so much that we can't get our :censored2: together and implement rational change.