Harambe-The silver back gorilla

Do you think OpNeeds is the Purple Princess?

• Total voters

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't give a damn about that stupid kid. WE are not an endangered species! Too many humans on this planet. Most suck. Don't believe in zoos. How about a protected refuge for the animals instead.

There ARE wildlife refuges. There are also zoos. They both exist but have different purposes.

newfie

You're right ... those goofballs are so use to being wrong, they wouldn't be embarrassed. :tongue_sm

you didn't address the point. Is there something wrong with those "goofballs" being horrified that such a magnificent creature was killed because some mother did not watch her child closely enough. Many of us overly protective parents know there is no way our kids would have ever gotten loose in that gorilla pen. If you don't understand good parenting then maybe you should leave the subject alone?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
you didn't address the point. Is there something wrong with those "goofballs" being horrified that such a magnificent creature was killed because some mother did not watch her child closely enough. Many of us overly protective parents know there is no way our kids would have ever gotten loose in that gorilla pen. If you don't understand good parenting then maybe you should leave the subject alone?
I wonder what the overprotective parents, who are smart enough to know any kid can get away, thought?

Last edited:

trickpony1

I still think its sad, harambe had to die. But at that point I still believe it was the right thing was done

I'm sorry but I don't.

"Distraction" is a tactic used successfully by law enforcement and the military.

Did the gorilla experts even try to distract the gorilla long enough to get the kid out of there?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'm sorry but I don't.

"Distraction" is a tactic used successfully by law enforcement and the military.

Did the gorilla experts even try to distract the gorilla long enough to get the kid out of there?
Im not sure, you couldnt even find out how the kid got in there. It said the boy was in there 10 minutes before they shot him. It said the crowd yelling and screaming was upsetting the gorilla.
I know kids are kids, but when they are a year, they know what no means, when they are 4 they should know better than to do something so stupid. When they are 4 they know what stay here with Mom means
At least mine did.