Has anyone left UPS and then came back?

Fergalicious

So, I left my position as a loader at UPS in the Winter of this year only to work a temporary office job, and then come back to UPS. I won't lie, despite my discontent with UPS as an organization, I hated that 9 to 5 clerical/customer service job. My ass (and stomach) got fat - I got out of shape, I felt like I momentarily went crazy, and I became antisocial all of a sudden. I realized I hated working a desk job in a small office far more than my job as a loader.

So now while that job has ended, I've returned to UPS for awhile and hope I can at least lose more weight while I'm here in the hub. I'm going to try to work on my attitude towards the company as well to at least make the work a bit more of a pleasure.

Has anyone ever left their job at UPS and returned to the company? How did you feel about that decision. Also, if you ever had worked a desk job, how did you feel about it vs. working at UPS?

SGCUPS117

I quit the first time when I was in high school cause it was taking a toll on my studies and my body ( I was always tired), so I left. After i graduated I came back and I've been with the company for over 10 years now since my re-hire date. I don't regret getting my job back, but I do regret staying in the same place for nearly 6 years. Move around in the company for sure if you do decide to stay for longer this time, cause staying in one area for too long won't be any different from having that desk job you hated. You'll eventually become miserable from the monotony of doing the same thing over and over again. There are options at UPS, maybe not always readily available, but they do come up, so take advantage of them when the opportunity presents itself.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
In every instance I've seen it was a case of the grass is always greener on the other side and they regretted it

The only guy I've seen that was happy about leaving ups an still is tot his day was a supervisor who sold his house so his wife could open her own hair salon . . .

But . . .

He bought a ups store with the other half of the money so I don't really know if that counts

monty-hall-problem.jpg